2.5 to 4.0 in my TJ, anyone here done it?

• I have a 98 TJ with a 2.5 and if i ever sell my cj (81 cj5, chevy 350, $1500) im going to do an engine swap, i was just wondering if anyone here has done it, i know i will need an engine (obviously) transmission, and computer. just wondering if anyone knows of any problems im gonan run into or anything like that?

• Is there any legality issues with swapping motors in DE? I've always heard that you could only swap in a motor that was a newer year than the vehicle it was being swapped into. Not sure if that's true in DE or not, but might want to check it out.

• blowing the 4 cylinder up shouldnt be a problem.. im already on my second one (dont ask why i didnt go with the 6 when i blew it up the first time)

• Quote from "DieselCj"

Is there any legality issues with swapping motors in DE? I've always heard that you could only swap in a motor that was a newer year than the vehicle it was being swapped into. Not sure if that's true in DE or not, but might want to check it out.

None that I know of
    I went to DMV after I did the swap and thay said I needed to come back when the State Police is there. They run the numbers to make sure you are not using stolen parts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!