Driving on the beach

• Newbie owner here, I'm from northern Delaware, just got my surf fishing tags, Im heading down to the beach tomorrow for a day trip. I wanted to take the family on the beach for a drive. I was on the state park website to go over the rules, I'm not planning on doing any surf fishing, do they really enforce having all the gear to be on the beach? I was only planning on being there for 10-15 minutes to check it out and get some pictures. Anything else I should know about driving on the beach?

"When your life is about to pass before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching." - Unknown

• I would be careful there, if you are checked, they might fine you. Al least bring a pole and basic tackle, that way you can tell them you were looking for a place to fish. They can't hassle you then.

Be sure to air down to 12-15psi, will make the ride on the beach much nicer. Bring a gauge, tow strap, board and a jack. Note there are air fill stations to air back up.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I live in Lewes and drive on the beach often. I know some of the Rangers. Make sure you have the required equipment (shovel, tow rope, jack, board etc) Registration and Fin #. Also a fishing rod and some artificial bait or lure. Not much activity here now so you would be more noticeable. Have fun with your family. You could actually enter at Herring Point and drive down past the towers and hang a right and go into Rehoboth.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!