Rocker Knockers Installed

• Hey I finally installed my knockers today and what a pain. I installed (with some help of course) a JKS 1 1/4 inch body lift, a 1" MML and also the rocker knockers. First of all I LINE-Xed the knockers and then when I went to install them the grooves that are cut out for them to fit over the frame bolts were not deep enough. We had to notch them another 3/8" to make the guards fit against the body. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this or not :shrug: but it was a pain. All in all though they look good and hopefully will do their job well. If anyone wants to buy a set of steps off of a 00' TJ let me know and I will bring them to the meeting Sunday.
    See ya then
    Brian :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• mine fit well with no trimming needed - did you need to trim them on both the left and right sides? just curious since maybe your tub was just shifted slightly from the body lift. also, where did you get them lineX'ed at? i'm planning on spraying in a liner into my tub this summer and i would love to get a connection for buying a gallon of their product instead of herculiner's.
    chris

• No, I only had to trim out the passenger side, but the drivers side was barely lined up also. If the body lift was shifted the driver side would have fit very well. Also I got it done from Auto Truck Outfitters in Chadds Ford PA just over the DE border on 202.
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• Glad to hear the install was pretty good Brian! Can't wait to see them at the meeting.

Also, I have dealt with the guys at Auto Truck Outfitters on 202. Super nice guys and very good to deal with.

-Chris

• how much for the steps? i am intrested in getting a set

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Lets say $20 and I'll bring them to the meeting with me!
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!