Kent County Drive Shaft work.

• I stopped by the machine shop in Camden today .
    The owner and I talked for a while and I found he does
    Do work on Drive Shafts. He gave me a price of $45 to shorten the
    XJ drive shaft. :smile: He said it would be more if I wanted it retubed.
    Looks like Kent County Does have a shop to do drive shaft work :up:

• Hello, what's the name of the machine shop? We get customers here (Miller Metal Fabrication, Harrington) that want drive shafts shortend, but we don't do that.

• hey simon glad to see you on the board. how bad are the prices on steel right now. I have got to get some stuff bought and wondered if you could get me some prices. I need around 12 ft of 2x2x.125 square tube and a peice of 4x4x.25 angle iron right now so I can get my bumpers done I am also going to need soe 6x6x.25 angle for some rocker protection....If you could get me a number or some prices it would save me a drive down thanks

• joe,
    just got off of the phone with them - they'll shorten, lengthen, or modify in any way that you wish....but NO balancing :( guess the search is on for a local place still.
    chris

oh, and they said they know the local shops pretty well and none of them within about 40 miles balance either.

• If either of you guys can bring your shafts up to the ride this weekend,
    I'll drop them off at Keller's in Elkton. They do all their work in house, balancing included. Once it's done, I'm sure the DEJA Relay team can get it back to you.

Let me know.

Joe

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!