Winter Driving in Pick-Up Truck

• i think Chris Koran and myself should be the most qualified to answer this.

i used to keep 4 bags os sand (200 lbs) at in my 4 cyl s10. it did ok, but it was alot of weight for that little truck.
    my gmc i didnt use anything, i just used 4wd alot, but with locking hubs it would be more of a pain. here is what i would do:
    if theres snow on the road, lock the hubs in. if the roads have been dry for a while, dont worry about it.
    pick up a couple hundred lbs of sand and get a 2x6 to keep the sand bags from sliding to the front of the bed. that should make it alot eaiser to control the manual tranny.

as far as pluging in, like keith said, only needed if its really cold. Gavan pluged his in on the 20 and below nights.

• when i had my 2wd S10 i used to keep those long, round sandbags in it. got them at home depot. they were like 6inches by 3 feet. they fit well between the tailgate and the wheel wells kept them from sliding forward..
    like chris said. 200 lbs did the trick. anything more than that and it started to sag some

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!