ANOTHER death wobble

• anyway, back to the subject... this has become worse when I put on my BB (2") on the front to fix sagging... could this have caused it? Maybe i need another track bar relocator?

• oh, i'm fine - having the time of my life over here. how was your christmas? :)
    but seriously, i'm sure that you compensate when you drive to make up for the increased leaning on the turns. it's just that you can't predict others on the road and one quick correction could easily turn nasty. if you run it that way and understand the risk then that's one thing. just sucks for others that may be put in harms way if something should happen. coilsprung vehicles just weren't made to be driven without the swaybar. i don't mean to keep harping - but i don't want some of the newer folk to read this thread and think it's okay to instantly pull them off without understanding the repercussions.

anyways, what have you done so far to narrow down the issue? first things first.

~check the torque on the trackbar - actually use a torque wrench like mentioned in case it's loosened up some.
    ~how about the balance of your tires? slightly out-of-balance can help death wobble bring out it's bad side in a hurry. maybe a quick rotation to see if that changes it at all?
    ~how are your control arm bushings looking? are they stock stamped arms? johnny joints? heims? look for the telltale signs of increased wear such as cracks and tears in the rubber, sprung snaprings or protruding teflon, etc...
    ~how about the alignment? did you realign it after the spacers were put in? once you start lifting tj's it seems that they are even more sensitive to alignment changes on the highway.

if you are trying to completely eliminate any wobble then i'd pull your steering stabilizer off while troubleshooting. it will quickly expose any problems instead of masking them. once you fix the culprit you can hook up the stabilizer again and have an even smoother ride.
    hope that helps some.
    chris :peace:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!