anyone good with dashboard electrics???

• I lost my gauge cluster a few years back.. i picked one up cheap on e-bay a year ago.. 6 months ago i got around to putting it in.. I have a 94 wrangler this was off a slightly older one.. different style hook up.. i am an electrician so i hardwired from the connectors on the individual gauges to the pin connector but now not everything works quite right.. i am wondering if anyone can tell me if they have much experience in this area (fuel gauge theory.. ect) or have a 94 factory wiring diagram.. i just don't have the money right now for the factory book.. its been about 2 years since i had a working fuel gauge and with gas going up and the fuel economy dropping a bit on my 4 banger at 150000 plus miles (not quite sure because i lost the speedo for maybe 6 thousand miles or so.. ) would love to know how much gas is in it.. anyone got any ideas???
    thanx...

• there may be a variance in the resistance from the fuel senders ...your guage may be off because of it ..if it is too low you can make up the differance by adding a resistor inline with the sender .....or drop the tank and replace the sender ...but thats only if you have everything wired up right
    :rollsmile:

• keep a small wrench in the jeep and tap the side of the tank going top to bottom, and find the spot were it doenst have a holow sound any more and thats were your fuel is

• Quote from "4x4fun"

keep a small wrench in the jeep and tap the side of the tank going top to bottom, and find the spot were it doenst have a holow sound any more and thats were your fuel is

actually that doenst work, the only difference will be the tone of the "dong" sound from the tap.

suprisingly you dont hear a hollow, full sound when you get below the fill level.

i only know because i work on boats with big hollow logs (pontoons) that sometimes fill with water and the only way to tell is to rock the boat and listen for the slosh.

sorry, i know you were being facetious.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!