2.5 tranny options?

• My Jeeps [size=18px]4th[/size] AX-5 lost 5th gear and I need another tranny.

So I'm looking to upgrade, Is it possible to use the NV3500 on the 4 Banger? :question:

PS. I'll never put an auto tranny behind a 4 banger. :peace:

• How much and does it come with the tranny computer, flexplate? And anything else tranny related?

Chris

• i thought the 4 banger was on its way out? this would be a good time to swap in a motor and trans, that is if the funding is there

chris (my funding is never there)

Quote from "DCC"

My Jeeps [size=18px]4th[/size] AX-5 lost 5th gear and I need another tranny.

So I'm looking to upgrade, Is it possible to use the NV3500 on the 4 Banger? :question:
    PS. I'll never put an auto tranny behind a 4 banger. :peace:

• Quote from "wckdyj"

How much and does it come with the tranny computer, flexplate? And anything else tranny related?

Chris

I do have the flexplate and torque converter. It uses no tranny computer
    it is off a 95 the main cpu contols it
    I have the main CPU also

I paid $700 used a year ago I'd like to get at least $250 now

• Tony, You Da Man!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

That’s just what I was looking for. [size=9px](well close enough)[/size] :up:

Sorry I haven’t responded sooner my web browser keep crashing on me. I just got through reading all the thread and I’m going for it. [size=9px](Damn there goes my turbo money)[/size]

Thanks again Tony, IOU a Beer. :peace:

Quote from "bmf24"

i thought the 4 banger was on its way out? this would be a good time to swap in a motor and trans, that is if the funding is there

chris (my funding is never there)

The funding wasn’t there to swap in what I really wanted to. So I figured a 97 2.5 w/45k miles would last me till the funding came along to get the Diesel drive train I still long for. I was going to put a turbo on the new 2.5 till my tranny decided it needed replacing, so there goes that idea for a while. Guess I’m going to have to regear before the years over after all. :upset:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!