Shocks question

• I am getting new front shocks for long travel with the LA kit... how about the rears? For rears I have shocks for 6-8" of lift with 12" of travel (compressed about 17"). Do you think i'll be ok with these or should i replace the rears too?

• no offense, but how can any of us determine what shocks you should be running? there are so many factors that come into play - tire size, bumpstops, driveshaft length, cv clearance, pumpkin/tank skid clearance, brake line lengths, etc. your best bet to truly determine what you need in a shock is find a lift, pull your springs, and then start manually articulating your axle to find the limits of it stuffed and drooped. then start taking into account your springs at their compressed state - no point in allowing perfectly good springs to get over-compressed and sag prematurely. so set your bumpstops accordingly to allow maximum stuff but at the same time keep you from killing your springs and having your tires eating your fenders. when you are confident at that number - measure the shock distance there and you have your compressed length. start over for the drooped distance - keeping in mind that there is such a thing as too much articulation as you can severely bind your cv shaft, drop out springs, and max out your swaybar. find that distance that your axle can drop safely and measure your shock distance - there's your extended length. now order your favorite flaver shock and be done with it.

there's just no way any of us can help determine your best shock length without going through your jeep with you. everyone's flexes differently - even with identical suspensions, tires, and drivetrains.
    chris :peace:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!