Control Arm Question

• I am about ready to purchase some front lower control arms and am undecided. The two I am looking at are the RE Superflex Adjustable control arms and the RE Superflex fixed control arms. I know the adjustable ones allow you to adjust the caster (or camber, I can't remember which) but are there any other benefits of them? The fixed are significantly cheaper and money is always an issue with me. Both have the heim joint and the beefiness.

Help make my decision easier. :spinrhead:

-Chris

• Chris,

I have the fixed lowers from RE. They are longer than stock, so for
    your 3" springs they should be good. It would be nice to have some
    adjustablity, but for me they've been working out fine.

Someday, I'll upgrade to the longarm, and then the lowers will be
    replaced anyway. :spinrhead:

Joe

• Remember that Joe and I both ripped our control arm mounts off. I think was due to the stress of extreme flexing with the fixed control arms. I feel much better knowing that my RE Flex-Arms are twisting with the flex and reducing the stress on the mounts. So definitely go with Flex arms.

Whether you need fixed length or adjustable, :shrug:

• You should be fine with fixed lengths right now(especially if you buy them used), Since the RE's have a jam nut you dont' gain any flex at the adjustment point like you do with Tera's arms, all of RE's gained flex is in the joint itself. Now because of this if you buy Tera's arms make sure you buy the adjustables as buying their fixed length arms (if they are even available still) won't give you much of an advantage over the stock arms. And make sure you buy the super flex arms, RE sells a cheaper fixed length arm without the superflex joint

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!