Posts by Hulk

if it is a money issue just go to a machine shop and have them cut the tube down to the proper length and re-balance it. I did that when I did my high pinion swap, and I was running 11" travel shocks. Most machine shops will do a job like that for about 80 bucks, and then when you decide to get a stronger aftermarket one you will have a trail spare.

Yeah it is still for sale. The only damage is a dime sized dent on the hood, and some paint missing from the front stinger/grill hoop, and some paint missing from the roll cage. I could never roll it like that with so little damage again even if I tried! I put 1.5 quarts of atf back in it and rode it for the rest of the weekend.

Very nice! I am glad to hear they got both the Old Court and the Amber Sun.

As far as the Battle of the Beers goes; we are understood that to be a home brewing competition, so we have not persued that any more at this time.

Just incase anyone looking for something to do on their way to the beaches on Fridays you should swing by the Brewery. We have been having live music usually from 4-6... sometimes going a little later. Of coarse there is always beer by the pint, bottle, case, and growler available for puchase and consumption :beer: . It is a good time, and everyone needs to meet the new bartender!

Great news. After a good deal of work over the last couple of months we have gotten our newest local Sussex County micro brew into Oneal's Pub just down the street from Rausch Creek! I know many of you guys have heard of/tried 16 Mile beer, so we are looking for some support at Oneal's. Currently the owner has agreed to pull in the Amber Sun in the 22oz. aluminum bottles, and we would love to get a tap handel or two at the bar, so belly up boys and ask for your local beer while up in PA!

Also if you have not heard; 16 Mile Brewery is going to be the final destination for the scavanger hunt for the 2011 Ocean City Jeep Week. The event will be Friday August 26th from 3pm to 8pm with all five beers on tap, vendors, live music from The 15 String Band, a Jeep show (with RTI ramp of coarse), and food from Station 7. Hopefully you guys can show some support and come out. It should be a blast!

I would make the ride to Harlan. I wanted to try to go this year anyway.

I am originally from Raleigh NC, and I have been to Uwharrie a few times. I went down last year with my jeep, and it was fun but not really a challenge. It is great if you wanna ride trails, and do a mild black every once and a while. It is awsome for camping though... you can pretty much camp wherever you want on the trails. If you want an idea of the toughest thing there just look up Kodiak Rock on youtube. It will end up being about 7-7.5 hours from Dover.

I am a tried and tru Hampton Inn fan. I stay at Hampton Inn branches all over the east coast, and I have not had one instance that made me unhappy with the service or the facilities. I have always used the Pine Grove hotel over the cheaper Comfort Inn for the same reasons. I am very surprised and disapointed that something like this happened in the Hampton Inn up there. I really enjoyed my stays there.This is making me second guess reserving a room at that branch again.

I would be interested to see what the Hampton Inn corprate office would say about this.

if you decide to do it I have all o the small parts to make that swap. I just went from ax-15 to aw4, so I have the pedal assembly, slave cyl, master cyl.... I should have it all.

I called in to the DMV today with a lot of questions of my own. I spoke with a senior inspector, and he said that no front bumper is required as long as the bumper brackets are not still on the vehicle. He also said that if the inspector at the lane gives you a hard time about it to ask to speak with a senior inspector who will clear it up. He did alert me that if there is no bumper then the max bumper high measurement will be taken from the lowest part of the frame.

I hope this clears things up for you

I drive mine every once an a while to work, and it is not the riding in a fixed back that is bad; you just set your back at whatever degree you normally ride at... It is the getting in and out. Most fixed backs are bucket seats which play hell on my back since I am in and out of my vehicle all day.