Posts by Doug

I purchased my 1998 Jeep TJ last fall 4.0 L running 30 inch tires. Mostly a daily driver with one Rausch Creek trip. I am going with a 2.5” lift soon. The biggest issue the Jeep has is the 3.07 gears and is not very powerful. I would like to upgrade to 4.10 gears and 32” tires but regearing and purchasing new carriers for the d30 & d35 is out of my price range. (Of course if I’m doing that I would throw in a locker too). Suggestions on how to upgrade while keeping cost down?

1. Slowpoke
    2. altierior
    3. baldchris
    4. daddanelena - out
    5. DBollllllloYJ - out
    6. jku_jasen
    7. KnoxRents - maybe
    8. Astape - probably. Ill probably be up later on fri in the pete
    9. JKGray10 - maybe a day trip
    10.Josh: coming up Friday night
    11.DigDug: coming up Sat am.

From DigDug: This is my first trail ride. Driving a 1998 Jeep Wrangler with 2 inch left. Otherwise fairly stock. Looking forward to my first Trailride but may need some pointers from the group.

#. Name - yes or no to camping and which nights/yes or no to food/trail
    1. Stafford - yes camping fri&sat/yes food
    2. JkGray10 - yes camping f&s/yes food
    3. Whatevah - yes camping Fri&sat / yes food
    4. Captain II - yes camping Fri&sat / yes food
    5. Captain - yes camping Fri&sat / yes food
    6. Astape - camping with matty / yes food
    7. Sandtostand - yes food
    8. Baldchris - yes camping Fri & Sat / yes food
    9. whypave - yes camping Fri &Sat /yes food
    10. Doug

Thanks. That’s what I thought but wanted to make sure there wasn’t something I was missing ... particularly since they are bigger tires than I am used to. I’m not sure what the previous owner was thinking.

I’m a new jeep owner and realized the middle section of my Jeep tires are more worn on the middle than the outside. I checked the PSI and the previous owner had them at 50 psi. There is a reference on the sidewall of the tires .., I think something about max pressure 50 psi but that seems crazy high. I lowered them down to 35. Let me know your thoughts on tire pressure. They are 30x9.5x15 tires.