Posts by Kpres419

Thanks for the info. I will do like you said and get a good primer on them soon so they don’t rust up. Then top coat them later. It will probably be a little while till I get them on. I don’t have a garage and I don’t like busting knuckles in the cold unless I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about spraying them with bedliner material so I could touch them up easily when they get scratched. Before I do anything I want to check with that place in Middletown that does powder coating. I also bought the inner fender kit so I don’t have to cut the stock ones and I ordered a THOR cold air intake so I don’t have to worry about trying to fit stock air cleaner box.

Just unpacked my early Christmas gift to myself. Got a quadrapac of poison spyder defenders and crusher corner guards with 3” flares. And it came with a set of Quadratec led headlights.
    I want to start putting them on right now but I need to figure out what I’m going to coat them with and what color. Can’t wait to get them installed tho. Gonna look sick.

I used to do drum brakes a couple times a week but they were on tri axle dump trucks. This was my first time on a passenger vehicle. Def a learning experience.

I guess I got them together right. I still have to adjust and bleed them. It got too dark and I was a little fed up. It took me like 5hrs to do the back brakes. I am anal so I took all the parts I had to reuse and cleaned them on wire wheel and painted the backing plate and parts before reassembling everything.

Can someone please tell me what these two round washer looking things are and the two horseshoe looking things also.
    I am in the middle of putting things back together and I don't see where the old ones are. The brake shoes were locked up inside the drum so they didn't come off so great so I don't have a good side to really go off of for installation

After a few hours of wet sanding I was able to remove the horrible camouflage paint job. I am going to remove all the old spray paint then try and spray it with clear. The green base is still good so I'm thinking it should look good with a clear coat applied. The only thing that will have to be painted is the doors I bought. I'm slowly getting there. I just hope the weather doesn't turn to fast since I'm "backyard mechanicing"

I have a brand new TJ Trektop NX in Black Diamond from Bestop. It is still in its original box and packaging. Asking 475. It’s part number 56820-35. Can also text me 302-540-0745

I’ll take it

Got my new wheels on last night and put the full doors on I bought. Have to replace a window regulator in one of them and adjust both doors. I wanted to get a new top and fenders first but I keep getting sidetracked with other deals. I got all 5 rims and tires for $500. The spare is brand new and the front two are more than 75% tread left. Also got a nice quadratec winch. (Thanks sandtostand)

I have a little Mazda B4000 I have listed on Craigslist. It's a 95 with a Ford 4.0 5 speed manual. It's got a ton of miles but it runs pretty good. 217k. 2 wheel drive. I had the cap on it for work but I have the tailgate. I have it listed for $1500. I'd take $1200 for a member. Also have a set of steel wheels with bald bfg all terrains that can go with it

I read somewhere that these rims have like 6" of backspacing so I should get 1.5" spacers. Does that sound right

I'm thinking about buying these for my TJ. What do you guys think? I would have to get some spacers to convert to 5x5 bolt pattern. They are 255/75/17. I think they might look sharp on a TJ.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've been watching this guy's videos lately. Something about watching those mainly stock flatties blasting thru the rocks.