Posts by trithumb

Hey everyone new guy here,

I have recently gotten the bug and just wanted some opinions and suggestions on things to consider/research. Looking to get a 4 door JK in a year and a half or so and I am a planner. Just wanted to pick everyones brain to see what you guys thought is most important and what can wait so while I prioritize my build I can do things right. Just trying to have some fun off road and in the mud but still be slightly practical. Things I am looking for on recommendations.

The lift - what brands do you recommend, what size lift have you guys done to yours and do you feel it was too much or too little?

What size tire is good to upgrade to without being so excessive it makes the thing slow

Tire brand and model you guys run

What to look for in a winch - brand, specs ect

Skid plates worth it? ( I am sure this depends what I am looking to do)

Any other odds and ends you recommend that would be useful.

I appreciate any info you guys have on this. Go easy on me as I am new to this side of the car world (as well as Delaware) . I am exiting the low, slow and shiny world and trying this on for size. Also any pictures of your Jeep to go along with recommendations are also helpful because who doesnt like pics.