Posts by Matt

Evening,

I’ve been looking into transfer cases and some possibilities of upgrades, mods if you will.

This brings me to the NP241 TC. They have the 6 pinion planetary gear setup along with a 1.25” chain.

Wondering if anyone has pulled their 231 to put the 241, or pulled apart the 241 to install the wider parts in the 231. I guess the main thing will be counting the splines on the 241 to see if it will match the 231.

Love to hear any experiences with this.

-Matt

Looking to pick up a 97 TJ soft top frame. I really only need the part of the top that clips to windshield frame. Doesn’t have to have canvas, winds or really function just need that front most part.

I guess you could say my goal this year is to get my tj through inspection. I picked it up a few months ago and had to do motor work, transfer case swap, and I just put a new to me front axle under it. The previous owner had a blast beating up the Jeep, can you blame them though.

@'deadfeat’ I’m sorry to hear about the accident, Not sure where you live but I would lend a hand at one of the wrench fests if you end up going that route.

Yea, I’m actually trying to figure out what is in mine Jeep now. Took a look at the side of ring gear abs it looks like 41x10. I might have to pull back diff cover see if I can read it better. Idk why he original owner would of put in 4.10

Yea it looks to be limited slip. My wonder was would I need to buy a weld on bracket kit. Plus like is it worth building up the 8.25 over like a 8.8 or D44.

It does have control brackets as you stated and it shows the spec to be around 60” or so so close to TJ length. I believe this one is a 29 spline which research says is better than 27.

Not sure what to do it all started because I need a new front axle and found this one on my search.

I’m going to check out a rear axle. Seller says came off Jeep commander (06) which factory they were 8.25 (from research).

Am I getting the 44 and 8.25 mixed up as in they are really the same? I thought they were different.

-Matt

I have a set of 4 not sure if you found what you wanted. It’s is that wheel but not sure if 8 or 10. Can I tell off rim somewhere for you.

-Matt

I think I would like to take you up on this. Not sure your schedule say Sunday or the week after Christmas.

-Matt

I was looking to see if anyone has or know of a Dana 30 front axle for sale.

Possibly someone knows the measurement specs for the Dana 30, looking to either confirm i have a bent C or something else.

Driver tire looks pretty drunk. top of tire leaning in a good bit.

-Matt

I am trying to figure out if i can replace the joint on my current adjustable trackbar and if so what kit would it be. Looking at it it could be a JKS it also could be a Currie because its just black. Cannot add picutres, will try again

I am working on replacing bushings and parts on the front suspension of my 97' TJ. I ordered a stock track bar ( not knowing the lift nor size installed by previous owner) and just noticed the one on the jeep is an adjustable. I lost the hardware to attach the TB to the frame side mount. Looking online I find a service kit that says it is the hardware. question is stock the frame side mount is a tie rod end, the adjustable all use a different kind of joint?