Posts by mellowyellow

no replies so far... dunno anything about Tuff Country, but the Rough Country lifts live up to their name. They are reported to be THE stiffest riding lift available. I'd look towards the Rubicon Express 3.5" Superride kit, personally. With shocks and a tcase lowering kit, it comes to $767. http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/233.html The $746 price you listed doesn't include shocks.

i cant speak for the cherokee...but i have had rubicon express lifts on 3 of my jeeps. 2 leaf sprung, one coil. i have been 120% happy with them all. i ordered one through redrock also and they are a great company.

man, RE is just way to much money with out even any shocks! don't think I'm going to go this route!

you can get it with shocks for the same price...and free shipping at most other places online.

i just got mine with OME shocks through 4ws.com with free shipping, for about the same price as quadratec

things i have experienced/done with differential fluid changes (may go do mine now)

wear gloves. i work with numerous nasty chemicals (resins, MEK, acetone, oils ect) and have no problems with irritation...except for gear oil. for some reason diff fluid makes my hands turn bright red and sting. im sure its related to handling carbon fiber and fiberglass all day...but something in there is not like the others LOL

i use permatex ultra blue. here is their recommended installation procedure

DIRECTIONS FOR USE
    For assembly as form-in-place gasket
    1. Remove all previous material from mating surfaces.
    Permatex Gasket Remover or Silicone Stripper is
    recommended for most materials.
    2. For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a
    residue-free solvent, such as Permatex Brake and
    Parts Cleaner.
    3. Cut nozzle to desired bead size, 1/16“ to 1/4“ in
    diameter. A 1/8” bead is usually sufficient for most
    applications.
    4. Remove cap, puncture tube or cartridge seal and attach
    extension nozzle.
    5. Apply a continuous 1/16 inch to 1/8 inch bead of silicone
    to one surface, first tracing the internal areas of the
    gasket configuration, then all surrounding bolt holes as
    shown in drawing:
    6. Assemble parts immediately while silicone is still wet.
    7. Finger tighten flange only until material begins to seep
    out the sides of the flange.
    8. Allow to set for at least two hours and re-torque at lease
    one quarter to one half turn.
    9. For best results, allow to cure overnight.

i used to use great stuff...but it is a pain to get back off. never had one leak with it though im back to old school RTV

thanks keith. how long have you had it installed, and what size tire is on it? my research is telling me this is the way to go. bang for the buck the or FAB one looks decent...but i dont want the jerry cans and stuff and for the price comparison the bestop one seems to be on top.

has anyone had bestop's oversize tire carrier that bolts to the body/tailgate? i am looking for options to mount the 33 on my YJ and dont want to spend a massive about on a new bumper/swing away.

other opinions would be nice too. going to temp use the factory carrier with spacer until i find another option.

thanks

can you get these at pepboys or autozone? i need to adjust my rear for the SYE install. the lift kit came with 4 degree for use with the transfercase drop. i need like 6 or 8 degree. anyone??

another past owner club.

i had the 35's on my TJ and got about 15,000 miles out of them. they did not balance worth a shit. i had them balanced and ended up with a 12 inch line of weights on the outside, and inside of the rim (i think the guy told me he had 12 oz on them when he stopped. i then had to install centramatics to make it highway friendly (65mph)

the wear was ok at first...but then were very picky to tire pressure. if your pressure was down a little they would wear FAST

they were awesome off road. had the same sidewall bubbles though. replaced 2 before i sold the jeep

overall i would give them a 9 for offroad (my experience) and a 6 for on road

I realized you could do it on line. $137.00 later, here's to a summer of Jeeping on the beach!

im debating on getting one this year...getting steep... you could have went to eastern marine next to BJ's in newark and got it on the spot. it also gets you into the DE state parks (carpenter park, killens, ect...)