Posts by mellowyellow

I have a YJ instatrunk i need to get to Montie "blackflag" is there anyone going to the meeting that can take it for him. No money changing hands...just need a way to get from the newark/elkton area to dover. please email me and let me know. ill drop it off

thanks in advance

email me davewirfel at hotmail dot com

IMO 3.5 RE superflex lift, 33's and 4.10 gears if/when i get another TJ that is the setup i will run. it will go about anywhere you want to go offroad, and still be comfortable on road.

i had the 3.5 superflex, 1.25 body lift with 35's and 4.56 gears. great setup but the 35's were a little much for daily driving...

the warn rear bumpers are nice, but i have noticed the tire carriers sag out pretty bad with anything over a 35" tire

the building kit i was talking about is just the brackets and the hinge. didnt realize you wanted a tube bumper.

i had a warn on my TJ with carrier. depending on what i decide to do with the YJ i will most likley have AtoZ make me a carrier. was not impressed with the warn unit for what i paid. the powdercoating sucked, it started to sag, and the latch could be a PITA if you didnt keep it lubed regularly

if you are going to go custom anyway..talk to zach and buy the pieces you will need and some extra steel. no point hacking up a bumper to re-weld it and try to match the finish.

you can use scotchguard spray on the top at the seams to help keep water out. i do this on my halftop and it works like a dream. as for the zippers, i would take a rag with some WD40 on it and wipe them down every now and then. cleans the dirt off and puts a small layer on them. i had the soft top on my TJ for 4 years without a problem with zippers

from rc4x4 forums

Bruce
    RC Officer
    RC Officer
    locked & lifted

View Profile

Road Clean up HELP ONE MORE TIME
    « on: March 05, 2008, 11:26:08 AM »

OK guys I need some help next Saturday the 15th. All of the tires that we piled up on the last clean up need to be put into dumpsters that are being supplied by the state. This is a big deal because the state and local government is now noticing our efforts and getting involved to remove these tires the “correct” way.

I can’t stress how much GOOD press we got from the last clean up and this next project will be huge to show how we can ban together on a short notice.

So the plan is this for next Saturday. Meet at our office no later then 9am and head over to the clean up area. Take the tires we got piled and place them neatly in the roll back trash containers. If we get enough help we may try to pull more of the tires from the woods.

What is in it for you? Come help in the AM and get free lunch and the rest of the day to go wheeling in the park.

PLEASE help me spread the word to all of the clubs in the area and let’s show the local government what we can pull off. Show them that our sport is not the image that most think of us.

Thanks
    Bruce