Posts by Bonkers

Quote from "jeepartie"

It may not be the person at all. People get sick of answering the SAME questions everytime they stop at wawa to get something to drink.

You don't want attention? - buy a liberty.

Some of the guys in the viper club have that very same complaint; "every time I stop someone has to ask what the speakers in the hood are for..." blah, blah, blah... Hell, I consider it a good week if I don't hear it once. But my response to them is simple - go buy a mustang, no one will ever bother you again.

My only (car guy) pet peeve is with this kind of attitude. You go out an buy a car that's different from the mainstay, then you mod it out to make even that much more unique, then you drive it to wawa and get uptight when people ask you questions about it. WTF? If you're not after attention and individulaity then why even bother to put bigger tires, bigger motor, winch, ect... in the first place?

When I buy my 'rare' vehicles I do it with the knowledge that every single time I pull up to a stoplight someone is going to ask me a stupid question. If no one does, then I consider it a perk. I accept that because that's why I bought the car in the first place - to be unique from the buick crowd.

My oath as a jeep owner is to promote jeep ownership, even if I have to repeat myself on occation.

Jo (79 J20) - $716.02
    Resto 1 (77 WT) - $900
    Indigo (89 GW) - $1,124.28
    Donor 3 (87 GW) - $621.14
    Donor 2 (74 NT) - $499.02
    Donor 1 (88 GW) - $921.00
    Storm (82 WT) - $720.20
    Gracie - (88 Mj) $10,264.83
    Scarlet - (88 Mj) $5,299.31
    Cloud - (89 Yj) $13,114.23
    = $34,180.03 on every rusty bolt, drop of gas, car payment, and rusty bolt.

Making your friends eyes bug-out when you tell them how you spend your weeked - Priceless.

Having used all three types of rotors on my fast cars - stock, slotted, drilled - I will preach the benefits of the latter two all day long. The advantages all around are enormous at speed. However, I've seen cheap cross drilled rotors snap like saltine crackers under force so I would seriously reconsider taking these on a trail. For driving around delaware I doubt it would make much of an issue.

I've never seen a bunch of well dressed guys
    so happy about totaling an XJ.

So heres the question of the night -
    Why did they drag it the entire length of the
    pond instead of pulling it back out of the hole
    it fell through - wouldn't that have been easier?

The big red star used to stand between the racetrack and the wawa but Minner got it removed because it contained lead paint and was killing delaware's children...

Quote from "SLINKY"

you ran out of Blinker Fluid :hmm: :peace:

That was my first thought too, but the newer models rarely run out, there has to b a leak in the system...

Find an insurance company that insures for declared value. I'm sorry I can't help out on the process, but there are companies here in DE that will insure vehicles to a pre-determines amount (mostly within reason of course.) If you think your CJ is worth (hypothetically) $5k then someone will charge you the premium and cover it. If you try for $5m you might not be so lucky. When/if I get the twin turbos hooked up to my viper I'll need to do the same thing considering it will almost double the KBB value of the car.

Classic/Antique insurance tends to be very limited miles (2-5,000 per year.) or have riders that mandate you must be driving to or from a show/parade. Be VERY careful when you look into this kind of insurance.