Posts by Diablo

oh, forgot to mention, supposed to get it on Saturday. *sigh*

Rent a truck. lol!

Enterprise does half price on the weekend, but you have to keep it until Monday I believe. That's where I get all my trucks from. It's a don't ask and don't tell situation with them. They aren't meant to be used for work, but whatever. That's how I got my transmission, axles, hardtop, and moved most of my stuff. :laughing:

I think a truck is like $70 a day.

Edit: Oh and I always opt for their insurance. :)

Hahaha! Geoff, I love that picture.

I have had the Incredible for a week and a half, and so far I love it. It makes me really glad that I didn't get an iPhone. :)

I think it's supposed to be somewhere around 20 at idle and 40-45 or so when driving. Mine has been doing the same thing for the longest time even with the switch replaced a couple of times. Now it knocks when I turn it off, but oh well. I'll drive it until it gives up. I did switch to Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w30 the last time I changed my oil. Now it stays at 40 when I'm driving, 15-20 when idling, and never drops to 0 anymore. I didn't know it was going to make a big difference, but apparently it did. I was running normal Mobil 1 before that. 97 TJ, 4.0, 152,000 miles. :D

Could be a failing oil pump? I don't know. I don't care enough about my TJ to bother with it, and 4.0s are relatively cheap and easy to replace.

Just use a jack. I had a helper, so that made it easier. If you can get another set of hands that would probably make a big difference. Disconnect the driveshaft if need be and the lowers and put the axle back where it belongs. I believe we used the tie rod mostly to jack from. Also used the pumpkin when needed. Everything was connected and even the tires were on when I finally put my uppers arms in. Only thing that wasn't connected was the front driveshaft and the sway bar.

The axle should have rotated forward making the distance between the mounts longer. So just rotate it back. Post back if you figure it all out. I'm interested to know what the problem is.

You can jack it back into place. Did this with my axles when I swapped them out. The easiest way to get them positioned correctly was to jack them into place. My driveshafts weren't in, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Chris is right though. You might have to disconnect your lowers to get it under there correctly.

Also, I was told when you adjust your control arms to do one at a time so that the axle doesn't move.

Yes it does. As the coolant is heated it expands and flows into the overflow and when it cools it contracts and is replaced by overflow coolant.

It wont be the quickest way to add the fluid but it will eventually be incorporated into the coolant.

Yeah, it's slow but eventually it will circulate into the radiator. :)

I just got some of this in the mail today. The back of the bottle doesn't say where I add it. Do I put it in the overflow bottle with the coolant or does it go directly into the radiator? I'm assuming overflow bottle, but I don't want to do this wrong. Thanks in advance. :wavey:

Alright, this is really annoying me. Whenever I go to edit my posts now, the pictures don't show up as IMG tags they show up as pictures. I know some forums do that, but then there is a "Go Advanced" option that lets you edit the tags in the original post. Is there any way to fix that? I like to be able to edit my pictures without having to completely delete them and then have to go find them again in my Photobucket. :shrug:

Considering that when most people go higher they also move onto bigger tires, doesn't that defeat the purpose of gearing to 4.56? I mean what's the point of regearing when you just want to go higher? You know for a fact that if you add more lift you are going to want bigger tires. Otherwise, I don't see a point in going higher...

? lol