Posts by YJRosco

actually just got one for christmas... put it on yesterday. awesome!!! very heavy duty, and i just like the look of the shackles hanging from the front(purchased separately) had to drill my own tag holes in it, and it comes with 2 spacers for a winch... guess the rollers are too low for the top of the bumper so the spacers pick it up a little for clearance, but for some reason the holes in the spacers dont line up with the holes in the bumper. maybe something i dont know, but the second set of top holes line up with the holes in the frame perfectly. all in all, i love it.

kinda what i figured... if i was gonna swap, to jump to the 4.0. bbd mentioned to me something about a member here with a shop in camden by the spca...? and i saw an ad for localboysautomotive.com in laurel... said the specialize in jeeps. anyone heard anything about them?? think parts b*tch would take my old motor if i swapped? and do they do the work or just sell parts?

89 yj... needs rebuild, slight upgrades, and someone to do it. lolol my girl needs some dressing and i was wondering if anyone could recommend someone who could do the build (or possibly a swap) for me. bad oil leak, rear main seal i think... and blow by. probably looking to do a little boring and gain a few horses wherever i can while in the process. anyone interested or know someone who is, let me know. thanks a bunch and happy holidays to all.

so eliminating the track bar isnt going to add side stress on the springs?? kinda figured it keeps the axle centered on the frame... and i angled the new spring perches to minimize angle on the driveshaft, but the sye was mentioned in a few articles.... good idea then i suppose. thanks

hey guys, first post here. bbd actually stopped by my house while i was working on my new project and directed me here...(much thanks) and like everyone else, i have questions. the tube bars that tie my drivers side axle to passenger side frame... am i gonna have to extend those when i go up 6" with this lift?? and what about driveshaft length... ivge read a lot before making this move, and ive seen it argued that its necessary, and some say not. i would like to be ready when i dive in, and eliminate any surprizes.. any thoughts or answers greatly appreciated.. thanks