Posts by YJRosco

Not that this answers any of the questions, but maybe supply a little more background. Its the burple tj that ian had for his daughter... I haven't had a chane to look at it myself. The wheels r from a stock jk that was lifted by adams jeep. So stock jk numbers with adapters. Any help?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Flat track dirt racing with jeep bodies... well, couple little whoop jumps. Not much else "jeep" about it. Still a good time! Take bug spray

And there isn't much I can do about that is there? Man, this is really a tough call... Someone just tell me to keep it, or trash it! Lol

Ok... So lets say, completely theoretically here, that I was going to venture forward with the one I have.
    I was under the impression that once it started, it was going to continue unless its removed and then prevented. If I knock down as much as I can, then spray with the por-15 or equivalent rubberized spray, the rust will cease to spread? What about the inside of the frame? I can probably salvage 90% of this thing, cut and re weld New body mounts and replace a few lines and linkages and roll on with the one I have if that's the case. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I'm definitely going to get some of that stuff for the new one tho! Looks like there's quite a few uses... Wonder how well the bed lining holds up? May be good for a tub liner also.

Underside of the body itself... Upon further inspection, it may be a lost cause. The suspension arms are pretty corroded, most of the steel lines underneath are in bad shape. Clips and such on the lines also. All the bolts to stuff are shot, bottom of the axles, shock and spring mounts, linkage for the transfer case... In my opinion, I could save money by upgrading in this case. I may of answered my own question! Lol
    A good heads up to all of our beach jeepers tho. Do some preventing, cleaning and undercoating. And rinse well when u leave, if u don't already... Great time to talk the wife Ito a newer jeep!

Anyone around, or traveling thru dover, feel like swinging by for 5 minutes and lend a fellow jeeper an opinion? I have found some rust issues on the underside of the tj I bought a few months ago. before I start cutting and welding on it, what else may be of concern and haunt me down the road with this thing AFTER I fix what I can see?
    Known issues:
    4 of the 6 body mounts under tthe doors are shot. Rusted through and mushroomed.
    Frame is looking pretty flaky, who knows if I can knock it off and undercoat it... how much time will that buy me?
    I'm sure the p.o. was a surf fisherman. Guess he didn't do any preventative stuff to protect it...
    Any thoughts? Shoot me a p.m. if u want to swing over and look, I really like the jeep but don't want to invest t he time and money if I'm going to lose it later anyhow...

Little side track here... But It just hit me. A little preventative, I read somewhere to shoot a little wd-40 or similar spray to wheel wells or undercarriage stuff (back of wheels) to keep some of the mud and dirt from sticking... Never tried it tho. Just throwing it out there

Lifted jeeps aren't as comfortable... Lol
    In my opinion, buy a stock jeep. For the simple reason, you know what's been done and not done to it. Then, if u want to throw a little lift and some tires on it, do it. Besides, in my experience... A stock jeep most likely hasn't taken the beating that a lifted one most likely has. (I.e. beach, sand, salt, mud, rocks, trees, etc.) and I think hooked was referring to tire cost, fuel mileage, and upkeep in general being cheaper for a stock vehicle.
    As far as what to look for... Everything you would normally look for. Rust in the body as well as underneath (suspension, frame, drivetrain, etc) leaks, loose fittings, bearings, linkages, drivetrain parts. All of the normal stuff! Lol
    I hope that helped

Lmao! Good catch sir... that's what I get for skimming.
    Ill pm u to get a time for u to cone look at a decent sized paver job around a pool for my sister. We can go as soon as tomorrow if u want. They are in camden. Off old red mill rd.

I am definitely trying to go on this ride with the fam... we r gonna take the kids camping locally sometime in the next few weeks, just to work out the kinks lol! Will be our first family camping trip...

There accommodations are as follows:
    - hopefully whatever you brought is accommodating! Lmao
    It's just a beach, pretty sure not even a pier, rocks, anything! Not sure what we would there, besides maybe fishing...

Hate to say it, but glad that tree was there!
    Glad everyone was ok. Speaks a little about the durability of the jk, laying on its side, then riding 5 hours home.