Posts by rstiles

get the 2" bugget boost from Rusty's offroad and you will have no problem with 30 they said it was designed for a 30x9.5" tire and that only costs $99 its a 2" spacer up front and you have a choice of rear add a leaf or a shackle. if you are not going offroad why spend tons of money on a tall lift. and you will still have the same ride as stock.

you need to drop the body side of the t-case linkage, when you do the t-case drop it will bind sometimes. There is also an adjustment in the linkage if that doesn't work.

yeah looked at it tonight and that is exactly the linkage came partly out of the tcase side of the mount as well
    it must have popped out when i lowered it to put the block in. when you do the driverside just check it before you bolt it back up and then adjust the linkage.

i recommend this it took all the vibs out Rusty's offroad has them for i think 20 bucks but all it is is a 1"x1" square bar alum the length is the width of your cross member and it has two bolt holes they are really easy to make if you have a drill and a hack saw.

So what axles are the MJs fitted with front and rear? I know they are basically the same trucks so are the axles bolt on?

As for tire size I think 33" is where I am going to stay until I can afford to make this just my toy.

I always thought the chyrs rear to be crap? My dads grand Cherokee has a whining chrys rear and he drives like an old man. Most of his driving is highway. I have never heard anything good about them.

So in the long run is it worth upgrading the chrys rear?

and I appreciate the info I think at this point I have to rule out the dana 60s cause I can't go to 40" tires any time soon. and i don't want to sacrifice clearance.

the axles are from a 86 f-350 and i am not sure if it is ball joint or kingpin

if junkyard axles are cheaper what would be a stronger axle to go with? if i am going to upgrade i want something im not going to break

I'm pretty sure it is driverside I'm going to have to double check though. that slipped my mind thanks. yeah i want to add a locker to both and I'm not sure what ratio i want yet. mine is 3.07 right now so wouldn't the 3.55 be OK for now. what would be the negatives to leaving the 3.55. right now i have 29" tires i can fit 32s right now but i am waiting to wear out my 29s. my goal is to cut the fenders add some more lift and put some 33's. after those mods i think i want the ratio some where around there anyways right?

yes it is a 99 XJ.

i have the 3" lift and i was getting the same problem. the transfercase drop kit does take the vibration out but now i can't shift into 4low the shifter hits something. i have not had a chance to figure out what it hits. i can get as far as neutral. :down:

the kit did not come with shims but rusty does sell a 3 and 6 degree shim. i think they are close in price. i don't know for sure but i think that might have been a better choice.

i found a pair of dana 60s from a f350 front and rear. they have a 3.55 ratio.
    i have been looking to upgrade my axles and i think i can get these cheap. however i think modifying these will be out of my skill set.

first off does any one know if these axles will be wide enough? and are there any reliable shops in the area that could modify them?

or if anyone knows where to get the dana 44 rear that came with the Cherokee's.
    i am trying to gather as much info about upgrading my axles as possible. my 8.25 has started to whine like crazy and so that is definitely my next upgrade. so any suggestion appreciated.

If you are not on paving or solid stone is it harmful to turn lock to lock when in four wheel drive? Is there a way to reduce or eliminate the binding when cornering?