Posts by jace

yeah - I meant no excessive slack - the backlash is perfect. It's definately a "clunk" sound. Not as bad as say a locker engaging, and I don't feel it through the driveline, but something is definately smacking something else. I'll double check the rear track bar, and the pinion nut...

Recently had a Detroit TrueTrac installing along with Yukon 4.56 gears in my Dana 35. Noticing now that I have a clunking noise when going over bumps at an angle or turn (one tire at a time) like when turning into a driveway. I've emailed Detroit, and am waiting for a response. The R&P is setup perfect (no slack in the gears). Can anyone suggest where to begin troubleshooting? Thanks!

I'm having some driveshaft issues, and am to the point of taking it to a shop to get some measurements for a new front driveshaft, and maybe getting rid of the lousy Tcase drop and getting an SYE installed. Can anyone recommend a good shop in the newark/wilmington area? Has anyone had any experiences with "4x4 Unlimited" on rt 273?
    Thanks!

OK - update time - 2 thumbs up for 4wdhardware.com - they refunded me the $44 it cost me to rebalance all 4 tires. :tup: :tup:

xj_4_play - I may be seeing you yet. I still have a slight wobble around 40mph, and I don't feel like dealing with Goodyear again. They won't adjust my track bar (adjustable) because it's not factory. Does NTB adjust this? I've also got something popping when I turn the wheels full lock that I've got to figure out..

well, I just got back from the Goodyear shop on route 40 (by route 1). I snugged up all my suspension parts pretty good, but still had a little bit of wobble. Turned out I had 3 out of 4 tires out of balance. Guess I'll be calling up 4wdhardware today :cuss:

XJ_4_Play - thanks for the tip - I didn't catch your reply in time. Guess I'm getting anxious with this nice weather the past 2 days - wanted to get this rig on the road :driving: Thanks!

Howdy. Long-time Jeeper, first time poster here...

Just spent the weekend installing my Full Traction 3" lift and 33" tires. I'm having a horrible HORRIBLE wobble, and I know I need an alignment something fierce. Can anyone recommend a good Jeep-friendly shop (or point out any bad ones) in the bear/newark area? Thanks!