Posts by frankinjeep

I recommend to find a factory bracket for the front tow hook if you can, and use it. You can buy them second hand or at a junkyard sometimes for cheap. They are designed to distribute a load on the front of the ZJ, But in a bind you can attach one right to the uni-body. I have used this technique on one of our ZJ's in the past. It was strong and we didn't have any issues pulling on it. But I do not recommend it as a permanent solution.

Here is a write up:
    http://www.eriejeeppeople.com/…id=13709&st=0&#entry13709

I've been out recently. Kings are doing good. Puppy are right in the surf... seriously like 10 ft out. haha.

Some short stripers are there as well. If you want the big boys you have to be in a boat this time of year. Or if you are lucky you can snag up some keeper stripper in the IRI.

Blues are getting bigger. We just landed some up to 19 inch on full fresh mullet. You can go with some smaller hooks like 1/0 cir or octopus and cut bait and get the smaller blues, kings, drum, or even the occasional weakfish. My buddy just came home with a football of a weakfish. :fishing:

I have had better luck further south by the inlet on the beach. Cape is getting better but I would go south of the jetties at herring point if I was to fish cape.

Good luck, and happy fishin.

I too thought the Asian guy was annoying. I believed they claimed he was an "expert" in offroading, yet as the show progressed I didn't see that. :laughing:

I was watching this thinking about how many other jeepers were saying "I could do a better job than this guy" when it came to the driving.

It's sponsored by jeep, so instead of referring it to a car the whole time, they should have just called it "One Jeep, Too Deep" :shrug:

Be careful. I have had issues with adapters/spacers in the past. Everything was tightened down and everything was re-checked after a few trips out. One morning my wife was driving into work and he rear tire broke all the studs on the adapter and the tire rolled by as she was pulling over. :rolleyes: Luckily she controlled the vehicle and skided safely in to the shoulder.

I know somebody else this happened to as well. And when the topic gets brought up there is always another few that has had safety concerns with them.

It will be before August.

We had our monthly meeting last night and got some good stuff locked in for this year. Sack and I talked a whole bunch about schedule, vendors, ect. So keep your eyes posted to the site. :mrgreen:

Pre-reg last year opened early July. You should be able to expect the same this year. We plan on having an online form to make pre-reg easier and quicker. Looking forward to this years events. Were almost down to the 2 month countdown!!!

Also if you know anybody looking for a vendor spot have them contact us. We are looking to fill some openings!!!

Bills is a great place for bait and info. If you are in the market for a rod and reel check out tackledirect.com. They have good customer service and good prices. You compare anything on tackle direct and compare to Bills you will see the major price difference for the same stuff.

I recommend something in the 9-10 ft rage if you plan on only surf fishing. Get a reel that is good quality. You don't want to skimp on that. You can get a decent shimano reel for about 100-200. I like having the "bait runner" option on the reel. It has a secondary drag system that you can set so the fish will take the bait and not feel the pole. Its nice to have but only if you plan on paying attention to your rod.

But if you want to just set it and forget it just get a decent penn and a 10 ft pole and you would be good to go.

Hey guys. I just received this e-mail on our ESJA boards and figured I would pass along the information.

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][size=13px]Hi,[/size][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][/size][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][/size][size=13px]I work for a production company and we are in search of a Red Jeep Wrangler, preferably from the year 2001, for a commercial shoot we have scheduled for 5/15. I was wondering if anyone in your club might have a Jeep that would fit the bill and if so, if they might be willing to rent it to us/drive it for the day for a fee? Any info you have would be much appreciated! I can be reached via e-mail at [/size][/color][color=rgb(17, 85, 204)][/size][size=13px]ericak@eyecandydc.com[/size][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][/size][size=13px] or by phone at [/size][/color][color=rgb(17, 85, 204)][/size][size=13px]240-450-1040[/size][/color][color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][/size][size=13px]. [/size][/color]
    [color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][/size][size=13px]Thank you for your time!

Erica

[/size][/size][/color]

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)][size=13px][size=78%]Don't contact me directly; reply to the e-mail or phone number listed above. [/size][/color]

Hey man,

Nice meeting you this past weekend down at the ESJA trap pond show. I was the guy in the obnoxiously loud orange shirt you talked to about my zj and your wj. haha

Can't wait till I see the after shots of the grand.

There is a clean Jeep at Wilsons auction in Lincoln DE. Its a 97 green sahara with a tan soft top, 110k miles, clean, 1 owner. I just drove by this morning and it was still in the parking lot so it looks like it wasn't sold at last nights auction.

I have seen wranglers go for 1300-3500 at that auction. So I imagine it would go for about that at next weeks auction.

Event: ESJA April Mini-Show!!!

When: April 14th/15th 2012
    Where: Trap pond State Park Laurel DE/ ESJA Off-road park Delmar DE

We are having our annual Spring Mini show. This event will consist of a small jeep show with prizes and giveaways, on Saturday starting at 11:00 at Trap Pond in Laurel DE. Then we will convoy to our jeep land in Delmar DE and set up camp. We will have a bonfire and hang out till Sunday. There will be plenty of wheeling taking place. Feel free to come out or check out the link for more information.

[color=rgb(31, 42, 21)]http://www.easternshorejeep.co…/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2572[/color]

Not allowed anywhere in De. In Dewey at the walk on beach you can. Need a permit
    from the town .

You can in Assateague Md tho.

Not allowed in any state owned park in Delaware. Private beaches you can. :fueltofire:

To the OP if you don't know anybody just head down to Assateague like Andrew said.

I would still never buy one because I would bet they couldn't get the price down to make it comparable to other pickups but that looks cool.

Yeah, I'm guessing in comparison to some AEV JK's for sale this "double cab brute" with the hemi option would be around the $80k mark. :rolleyes: . So it's more of a novelty to say I want to buy one.

But still drool worthy.

I like the idea of a jeep truck again. My major problem is that the jk8 has a 1 piece body. The bed is connected right to the jeep. Looks like a conversion more than a actual truck.

The one I really like is the AEV JK "double cab" brute for the 4 door JK. Detached bed, 4 doors, and awesome looking haha. The other thing I like about it is that you can get the hemi dropped in and have the conversion done both with a warranty.

Yeah I saw that. That is what had me wondering if the club was officially involved with this event.

DEJA isn't involved. The pics are from ESJA's "Jeeps on the Shore". We have an obstacle course set up down in Pocomoke city MD year rou[size=2]nd. That is where the main obstacle course will be. We will also do our land run at our off-road park in Delmar on Sunday. There has also been talks of a small trail being set up at another spot... but that is still in the works. [/size] :suspicious: