Posts by frankinjeep

Only problem I heard about this beer was that it gives you "jeep beer goggles". Meaning when you had 1 too many of the Jeep beers you end up buying that rusted to the ground, non running CJ for cheap on craigslist. Or you go ahead and buy your 8" shackles and 3" body lift from q-tech. Both of which you regret when you wake up in the morning. :doh:

:beer:

I just sold our 4 banger YJ on 33" Trxus MT's and it did well. I dd'd it for a lil while. It would get up to 65 but any more would be pushing it. You learn to draft behind tractor trailers quite often. You could accelerate in 5th gear only when drafting. :laughing:

It already has the 4:10 gears in it so off road it does pretty well.

When you go to check it out again bring a pick and hammer. Look right behind the t-case cross-member and behind the shackles on both rear springs. That's where I have seen the most rot on YJ's.

FWIW my 93 ZJ has the 5.2L and d35. I also wheel it pretty hard on 33" Km2s, and the rear hasn't let me down.

I would say he will be fine with the d35 in the rear. If you do decide to run larger tires and wheel it then changing out the rear would be a good idea. But from the start it wouldn't be needed.

Here are the other pics I got.

My 34"

Group shot from Friday.
    Top down
    34" striper
    29" Striper
    30" Blue... looks bigger now though. Could be even larger than orig measured. He did burn out a penn sargus 4000. We eventually had to hand line the fish in. :laughing:

Saturday's fish:

I got some pics. I can't access PB from work but I will post em later tonight.

Friday and Saturday we launched the boat at 5 a.m and came back in around 2. When we got there there was no boats/trailers at the launch. When we came back the trailers were lined up past the bridge by the MERR institute :rolleyes:

Sunday I had enough boat action so I hit Cape up at 5:30 am. We ended up going to Herring Point. We left around 11 or so once the tide started heading back out. And yeah it was awesome out there!

So I logged 23 hrs of fishin in 3 days. :fishing: Here are the totals:

Friday: 3 fish in the box. 1-34" Striper; 1-29" Striper; 1-30" Blue. All caught drifting eels at overfalls

Saturday: 2 fish in the box. 1-43.5" Striper Citation @ 35 lbs!!! 1-36" Striper. Also had plenty of dogs and a 23" Flounder wrapped in... eventhough we had to throw it back. ;(

Sunday: Some rays, dogs, shortie Stripers and blues.

Friday and Saturday we were on our boat. Sunday hit the surf. Reports were coming in of Bluefin tuna coming close to shore after bluefish on Friday. Saturday there was a report of a 54" Striper caught off Broadkill beach. Still waiting to hear if that report is legit.

A guy on here has done it. His user name is Macklin96. He did a good job and it looks good in person. I'm sure he may be able to offer some help/pointers. He is in the Milford area.

Got frustrated with the bushings in the front track bar they wouldn't come out.. This led to desperation so I got the BFH out intent on getting those :cuss: out. Well the BFH and the track bar ganged up on me and caused some major pain.

When you lift a YJ you can dump the front and rear track bars. The new stiffer leafs provide less horizontal movement so the need for a track bar is eliminated. I have done 3-4 YJ's like that and all don't run track bars and drive perfect down the road.

Nice progress BTW. I did a frame up a few years back and it took me a few months to complete. (I was only working weekends). Can't wait to see the final product.

Belt had 1/4' of deflection as per manual. I'll double check it.

1/4'... There's your problem. That's at least 3" :laughing:

It may be the alternator. You can check with Pasco. They specialize in vehicle electronics. Not sure if there is one by you or not.