Posts by loki

My CJ7 is camo, when I get sick of it I will just add more to it or just spray over it again. I'm not real worried about appearences though, so it's easier.

I have had the 37" Rockers on my CJ7 for over six months and it is my daily driver. They are the best tires I have owned and I have had close to every swamper once or twice. They require low air pressure to maintain a good flat contact patch, I run mine at 12psi and they have worn excellent on the street. They work sick in the mud,ruts,roots or whatever. I haven't had them on the rocks really that much. I drive the tires hard on the street and they still impress me, they ride ten times smoother then any bias swamper I've had and barely flat spot. All I did for balancing was take the BB's out of my old 36" TSL's and put them in the 37's and no problem.

It doesn't matter who it was if it wasn't a member, does it?

Hopefully this post won't turn into some long dragged out thread about illegal activity involving Jeeps, I think we are all tired of hearing it all. We all know right from wrong. Personally, I don't think the pictures should have went up without the owner of the Jeeps ok, as entertaining as the pictures are. I hope my post here will keep any drama queens from getting involved.

Anyone know of any places that mess around with these axles? I have a set of full width D44's off of my old J10 I was going to use but I think I am going to do the mog axles instead. I found a lot of places online but looking locally first.

For a 37x13.50 they are about $230 per, paying full price, Hollyoak can get them cheaper.

I was looking for a new trail, but I sunk is all.

Yeah, I have had them on since Jan. They are much better on the street then my previous 36" TSL's and all I did was switch the BB's from them to the Pits. They work great in snow and mud from what I've been through. They require low air pressures for a flat contact patch, I run about 12psi on the street but it is like riding on pillows. I recommend them, they wear very well on the street, I barely can notice tread wear.

I had an 86 and pulled it off, it wasn't fun. Its removiing the glue thats hard. The trim is riveted on also, just check those links. I've seen people remove the woodgrain and paint where it was to get a nice look also. Did you check the frame under the drivers side rear seat? They rot out there all the time because of the gas tank skid, sometimes you have to really look under there to see it. Check BJ's off road for stuff and FSJ magazine. I have some stuff left over from mine in the garage, a razor grill for one which looks cool on wags.

My friend had them on his XJ and they worked good for the street. They were great for fast dirt roads and ok in a little mud but cant go crazy like any AT. He has a set of five with 80% tread, he is selling I think for like $400. They are 33x12.50-15

Pull the plugs, re gap if necessary and set the timing. Make sure all the vacuum hoses are where they should be. I have a timing light if you need one. Black smoke means its running rich, white is oil burning. You may be able to re jet it with smaller ones but I dont think you should need to. Your oil may be contaminated with gas from running rich also, might want to change that also. I believe the timing should be around 12 degrees, thats what comes to mind anyway, it will tell you in a Haynes manual which I have at home if you need one.

It is 36" long at a 45 degree angle. I have brought it through some tight turns in the woods and haven't had a problem yet. I can see about a foot of it sitting in the seat. If you set it up right it acts like a plow almost and pushes brush and all out of the way or at least under the tires. Like I said, I welded it to my frame and plan on putting more supports off of the frame by the shock towers. The tabs that come on it from PSC are small and easily knocked off, it needs to be welded to make it work properly and not to your fenders unless they are stout tube ones.

I just welded a Poison Spyder competion stinger on the front of my CJ. I was pulled over but he didn't say anything about that and it sticks out 3ft at a 45 degree angle. Haven't gone through inspection with it but I don't see why it would be illegal. It doesn't look as crazy as it sounds in person. People run around with huge crap hanging off the front and get away with it. It better pass, it isn't coming off very easily!

I just saw this post, sorry so late. Not that easy to find people on here to work on CJ's is it? Let me know if you need any other help with it or are in need of a part or something, I may have it.

I will be at the meeting on sunday. I can see this is starting to get a little to political for me. Either way if DEJA does it, fine, if not then I will still go ahead with my original plans. I will talk to my friends and other local forums and try and hold it at a suitable location. This way the club wont have their name involved and worry about any bad press.

No, there is no chart that I know of. People have been doing this for years. I just put a handful in for the 37's, I would do the same for 33's up to about a 37"(especially on swampers) I dont think there is an exact science to it. You should be able to find stainless ones at Dicks Sporting or some other gun store.