Posts by LOCKEMDOWN

In the January 2006 magazine off-road adventures there is an article about winter fun festival. The question I've got is somone from the club photoed on page 79. Its a black yj with what looks like a four inch lift and a maryland tag in the front. Didnt know if it was someone in the club or not. The black yj looks like it has a deja sticker on the side but i cant make it out. :hmm:

I did drop the tranfer case but no sye yet. Still looking for a good sye. Dont think its the exhaust though when the noise happens i have tried punching the gas to see if it goes away but instead you hear the exhaust and the mystery sound. Any ideas

Last weekend we put a RE 4 lift on with 2 shackels. Everything finally went on with a little bit of work and looks great but now i have a loud noise only when im driving and dont have it in gear. Once i put it in gear and hit the gas it stops rattling but if i take my foot off the gas the rattling begins again or if i down shift rattling starts up again but when im at a light and dont have it in gear and im stopped waiting theres no rattling. Any ideas of what this is.

Yeah i know i dont need a sye right away and i also know i dont need to lenght my drive shaft right away also. I was asking if any one knew of any good sye or any good places to take my dirve shaft to have it lenghtened. I just figured while i have the money and i know i am going to need them to start searching for them but thanks for the help. I think i saw you and your jeep at auto zone today. But mabye it wasnt you.

Im going to be putting this lift on soon hopefully but i know i need to lenght my drive shaft and also get a slip yoke elimantor but im not sure where to get the slip yoke elimantor or where to take my dirve shaft to have it lenghten or where to buy a new longer one. Thanks

I got the front shackels of and put the new 2 inch shackels on. But the back is where i am having the problem. The old shackels when you go to remove the old bolt hit the gas tank. I was thinking about grinding through the old bolt but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or had this problem before and knew what to do.