Posts by yankee19934

[size=3]Today’s progress. Everything went well except the studs provided for the tire plate I bought were huge and did not fit the rim. So that’s where I left off. I will paint it tomorrow and then start the wiring. I stood on the tire carrier and swung around with no issue. I’m very pleased with the heavy duty Comp4x4 tire carrier hinge. [/size]
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]Cj-[/size]

Today I cut off the stock shock towers and welded the new hoops on. Gained 4.5 inches of shock travel. Tomorrow I will start the spare tire carrier and then the electronics.

Cj-

Its spring break and I’m at it again

Here’s the weeks plan:
    New front shock hoops
    New rear shock bar
    New bilstein 5150’s
    Dual battery set up
    Build tire carrier to distribute weight towards rear

Today, checked brakes and removed tires and got everything set up

New parts

I had a similar issue. With so many power draws and two fuse boxes, one for the original Yj and one for the TJ motor and computer my battery was tapped. To resolve the issue I ordered a new Blue Sea 12 Gag 12v distribution block. I also ordered a 12v relay used to control golf cart motors. I ran a new 4 gauge cable to the golf cart relay and hooked the 4 gauge wire to the blue sea panel that runs my electric fans, fogs lights, rear lights, underbody lights, and on board air. The leads that turn on the relay went to the ignition. So those accessories only get power when the ignition is on ACC or RUN. Works great and the battery has done much better. I did pull the system to install my dual battery setup that I will finish next week. Just what I did to fix my issue. May or may not work for you.

Cj-

if u do a 4 inch lift springs. u wont need track bars or sway bars. yes u need drop pitman. reason u dont need them is cause the 4" springs are really stiff. some people use them but my opinion is that u dont need them. ive had to jeeps set up that way before. only time i needed a sway bar is when i went SOA. still not track bars.

Agreed, I never ran trackbars. Its not a TJ and they are not necessary. SYE would be the best bet. Transfer case drop kits are a temporary fix, if you flex too much your stock driveshaft can fall out. keep the front sway bar, buy extensions with some kind of disconnect.
    Cj-

Do a shackle lift and 1'' body lift.
    I had 3.5 in Superlift super ride springs on my YJ that rode great and flexed very well. They were great springs.
    Cj-

[size=3]Today started by removing the right fender, I will be moving the battery’s and some fuse blocks inside the cab with a dual battery mount. Also removed the heating system because I wanted to do the blazer blower motor upgrade and wanted to find out why the heating system was making so much noise while running. The noise was leaves inside, but the blazer motor went right in and bolted up, I will be widening the hold in the firewall later this week and get it all back in. [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]All out[/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]Dirty, like it’s in a jeep or something[/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]New vs. old motor [/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3]Cj-[/size]

Well it has been awhile and I have been slacking off a good bit. But moving forward I found a shop to work in with a large compressor and a hook up for my welder. The owner of the shop let me build a work bench and I have acquired some more tools. Its not much but it gets me out of the cold.
    So plans for winter/ spring:

• Hoop shock mounts for long travel shocks in the front and rear
    • Reshape the frame tie ins
    • Some kind of tire carrier
    • High lift mount
    • Rework onboard air

So more to come for the upcoming wheeling season

Cj-