Posts by poppatello

This one will be a little bit different from the first one I posted. Money now not an object. What type of jeep should I by and why? I plan to do some trail riding and med. rock crawling. As some may know my uncle has a sweet 4 Cly. Cj 7. It's an 84 with only 32,000. So just looking for some friendly advise. Let me know what you all think. :driving: :shrug: :help:

:help: Which is better or more reliable, or meaner? I heard that the 5 is more dangerous for it rolls easier. But as a firefighter. They all do. Just looking for advice here. :shrug:

Hey Keith, your bylaws contradict itself. In article 1 it describes a jeep as a 2 or 4 wheel drive vehicle. Also, it states in Article 1 that the purpose of the club is to bring people with any type of jeep together for events and etc. However, Article 4 states that u must have a 4x4 jeep to be a member. Could you please clear this up for me? ??? :shrug: :help:

I have to agree with Keith. Now I'm not a member yet. I haven't sold the Eagle, but the lady is coming tonight with money. But when I do, I plan to join after I get the Cj my uncle has. But what do you get out of the club? The one thing that is different from the Eagle Forum vs. this one is there is no info. on what you get from the club. Also you guys should have a members or Forum posten location for Jeep owner pics. That would be nice for others to see what is out there and help with ideas. Now, don't get the wrong idea. Just giving unsolicited advise. The Eagle Forum is very helpful. They even have a section with a complete break down on all AMC's less Jeeps of the time from electrical diagrams, body, and mechanical. Very helpful. :-\

The best way is to take Rt. 13 South. You pay a toll on 1. Sorry, I'm a cheapy. How much to join the Delaware Jeep Club? Do firefighters get discounts since your using a fire house? Also, do you have to have a jeep to join? :driving:

Yes I have to agree there too Dj. What was Chrysler thinking by trying to take something that was perfect and doing well all on it's own and try to make it look like a GM? :cuss: :censored:

:rollsmile: Great, this is all helpful info. I have decided to get the Cj. I put my eagle up for sale yesterday and a lady down the street bought it! I have class tonight @ Sta. 22 so I won't be able to get her. But when I do, I'll be sure to post pics of my new beauty. And slimier, saw yours lastnight off Albe Drive. Even better looking in person. As for putting 33's on the Cj, not sure I would do that at this time. Would it still make a nice off road machine stock? Also, someone monition a locker. Not sure what that is either. ???

:bang: well hell, I had some pretty good ideas myself, but looking at some of your response. I say you have some serious thinking to do. I wouldn't be able to make up my mind any time this year! All are really great ideas. Let us know what you think. I need some for myself if I choose to buy my uncles.

how do I know what type of tranny it has? I mean this sweety shifts smooth and tight. Also, does anyone know what type of rear or transfer case it may have? The Vin doesn't tell me that. I am really thinking of joining the state club and do some off roading as well. I don't think a would do any of the national jeepers.

??? Hello all. I am new to the site. This site is very much like the AMC Eagle Nest Forum. Matter fact, I thought it was the same. Just more posten options and lot less smiley's. Anyhow, I'm about to sell my 83 eagle and I've always wanted a CJ since high school. Had a party this weekend when an uncle that lives less the a mile from me told me that he had a CJ... I was so excited when he told me that he would sell it to me. Now I don't know much about them so what I'm looking for is some advise form you experience jeepers. It's an 84 with a in-line 4, 150 CC. It has a 4 speed on the floor. It sat for 9 years. My uncle changed the oil, replace the fuel tank, fuel pump, and starter. He even replaced the carter 1 bal. carb. It starts right up! It however has a vacuum issue on the carb that he said he will get to this week. Now get this, it only has 32,000 miles on it! That's it. I dose not have a top, the window frame is rotted out and a small hole on the passenger side on front quirturer panel. Thant is it. The rest is minor, minor surface rust. He took me out in it today and boy, for a 4 Cly, it sure has some ass to it. The engine compartment looks great. It is not power steering. No doors. So hearing this, what do you all think? I know the body and all sounds great, but I would not change out the 4 Cly. It would upset my uncle as I would also like to keep it stock. It is 100% original down to the stock rims. So is the in-line 4 ok? Any issues with them? I heard from someone that if I keep the in-line 4 that I may want to upgrade the oil pump to a HV pump. Any advise would be great. Thanks again and glad to be a member.