Posts by jeep91yj

I'm not familiar with sye's because i don't have one....but i had a similar issue last week. I heard a clicking noise everytime i dropped into a gear, and then it would vibrate at high speeds/ rpms and occasionally make more random noises tha weren't normal. What i did was replace both u-joints in my YJ driveshaft and that fixed it. The clicking noise is the sound of the needle bearings in the u-joints which means that they are no good. You'll have to take out your rear drive shaft and move the u-joints around to listen for the noise up close probably. My advice-jsut replace them because you probably need them and they're really cheap and easy to fix. I have the greasable ones and they seem to be ok, not sure about the ones before that were in mine, guessing they were stock circa 1991 :rolleyes:.

my 91 yj failed emissions last year, so i had to replace the vaccuum lines and i was fine. however i had one of the side turn signal bulbs and they failed me just for that over at the newcasle dmv. a lot of BS but i got away with not having a cat :laughing:...i just drilled through it and ran the tailpipe straight through and kept the shell it sounds nice and still gives them the impression that you have one

do you have to take off your stock diff cover, or do you just screw this one on top? im not trying to drain my whole differential just for this and then fill it back up with new fluid

Just wondering what would happen if i bought some bigger shackles, would i achieve a lift on my stock yj? I'm worried about putting too much stress on my leafs b/c they are original and i have a 91'. Wouldn't want more than 1.5" daystars or something. Trying to find a cheap alternative untill i can afford a real lift kit.

ahh im not even a member yet, but i get really angry if people don't wave back because it makes you look like such an idiot. I they don't wave back then i usually just flick them off :cuss:. haha serves them right....some guy didnt wave at me today because he thought his jeep was too tough for mine i think...has a silver tj lifted tinted windows was in the newark/ elkton road area today