Posts by Myocum

I have a very good friend who owns a mid 90's Wrangler that has a cracked frame. He has gone through the effort of obtaining a new frame, but never swapped it. Follow-through has never been one of his attributes.

It has sat long enough that his better half wants it gone. I am interested in taking it off of his hands.

Are cracked frames fairly common for the Wrangler? The Jeep is essentially stock and I don't think it was abused, from my quick walk around there is no other noticable damage.

I have NOT seen the crack/break. Is there any confidence to be had in welding it? I do have access to a 200a MIG.

Then there's the replacement frame. Never having swapped a frame, how much work am I looking at?

Thanks for your time.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Having always wanted to own a Jeep, I've finally joined the "club" with a 00' Cherokee Sport. I want to add a receiver hitch to my toy and I need some advice on a bumper with integral 2" receiver. While I can purchase a Draw-tite hitch for $130, why drop that coin when a bumper might be only a few ducats more?

JCR seems to fit the bill at around $300 delivered without paint. Might there be any other suppliers one might recommend? I'd also be content to manufacture if someone can suggest/supply plans.

Other than occasional towing and recovery, my intentions are general trail riding. I'm currently stock and plan to stay that way for the foreseeable future. Coming from a 89' Subaru GL wagon that served me well offroad at the C&D, I don't currently see the need bolt on 33's and the like. At least for the moment.

Thanks for your time.