Posts by quadna

kenny,
    if you're free tomorrow we're installing an sye, shaft, and upper arms on dmaster's jeep in my garage after 10...you know the way if you want to stop by and see in closer detail what's involved.
    chris

i thought the same thing don. that shock mount is odd looking too...that something he fabbed up or is just dangling?
    chris - mmmmm, new krawlerssssss.... :spinrhead:

kenny,
    the belly up is a pretty good design. the two-piece concept is sweet and the skid plate itself is very beefy. andrew and i put it on his jeep when we did his sye and i was very impressed with the fit and finish. the one thing i remember andrew mentioning was the time from order to delivery. i believe there were reasons behind the lengthy delay (almost a couple of months??) but he can chime in on that.

i like the aa sye kit - it has everything you need to do the conversion - i heard that jb conversion's kit is pretty comparable....but even more so maybe look towards their supershort kit. here's a shot of the supershort kit from them compared to the standard sye kit.

both will address any vibes you may be having...but if i were to do it again i'd go with the supershort kit. it's a little pricier...but having the driveshaft yet another 2.25" longer than the standard sye kit is worth it. it has a compatible speedo connector...but if you go with larger tires/different gears then you need to get the electronic signal converter that you program for your individual jeep's settings.

i like the driveshaft that i got from TW...but if i were doing it all over again i'd just check around for the cheapest price. i think a large part of their price is for that "woody" sticker that comes with it. since it's a fairly wearable part (u-joints and all) i'd just make sure that the one you get is fully splined and then go for it. :)
    chris

Quote from "Da Mutt"

hey chris wheres the pics from this weekedn I was going to show somwone the pics of the motor mount install and found out I didnt have any of them painted. did you get any of the painted moved mounts

here's the pics...sorry, i was having issues getting them uploaded. i get nowhere with our current stuff, photobucket was giving me grief...and imagestation was being quirky. they should work now though!

Joe's folder on Imagestation

89 cherokee,
    can't offer up much advice about the engine swap...but i have the torx bits you're looking for. i'm outside of dover on route 8 about 2 miles. i'll be off from work thursday through saturday this week if you want to stop by - just send a PM my way and let me know when you might be around.
    chris

p.s...maybe joe (bbd) could offer up some advice on the swap? he's currently waist deep in a 2.5 to 4.0 swap on his yj.

Quote from "NikkiYJ"

Even at the ages of 4 & 5 the boys both perfer the top on! :shrug:

nikki,
    are you referring to your jeep or the staff at hooters? :suspicious:
    chris

joe,
    i still have some CO2 in my tank...i'll bring it if nobody else has a compressor. it may not last the day but it's better than nothing. oh, can you either pm me directions or maybe put them on the calendar so i can find your house?
    chris

p.s....what time?

that's nice looking keith! i really like the gooseneck receiver end on it. my rack that i put on the front of my jeep is just a straight shot out - it really hurt my approach angle when working my way into rausch creek's campsite :( this design would've made things much easier!!! :up: i'd say that your welding class is paying for itself already...
    chris

p.s. you should keep an eye out for those pesky kids...i heard they've been spraypainting everyone's license plates lately! :jester:

aaron,
    if by chance you make up it there today - my cell is 302-264-1025. i tend to get reception up there most of the time and i'll keep it on today. we can let you know where we are and try to meet up somewhere. sure hope you can get i fixed and hit the road today....i was looking forward to watching you climb over some volvo's at the "hazleton mall parking lot"! :rolleyes:
    chris

well, i spent the day working on the jeep.

at the hobby shop on base i dropped my fuel tank, laid neoprene around the recessed fuelpump ring at it's base to keep the tank level, and then stacked 1.5" of neoprene over the tank to help fill the space above it that was created by my 1" body lift.

i then got the swamper mounted to my old spare tire's rim and bolted back onto my swingaway. no more rear view mirror anymore :)

on the way home i convinced napa to let me return my bent tierod even though i didn't have my receipt. i told them when i had purchased it (last summer) and they found it in their computer. no name, was on the computer, but i quoted them the price i paid and the three parts that i had ordered. i had to pay for the new one up front but will get the full price back when i return the old one. once home i pulled the bent one off, threw on the new one, and then did a quick alignment. it's not perfect (the toe-in), but it's keeping the shimmy to a minimum. i'm thinking of paying for that $89 alignment at NTB next week. i'm getting it pretty close in my garage...but i tend to need to do this every few weeks after a ride. i'm sure that they can get it much closer to perfect than i can...and at only $90 for the year (scott at kirkwood's store said he could care less how many times i took it to the rock parks - a warranty is a warranty) i can bring it back as many times as i want.

all in all a great day for my jeep. ditched that infamous clunk my jeep had since last december, got my spare hooked up, and got my steering issues "straightened" out :) thanks again to john for the neoprene - it did the trick. thanks also to tony for the spare swamper - holding air like a champ!
    chris

Quote from "Keith_C"

That's pretty funny...

the mirror mounted ones are probably especially effective when out shining! :innocent:
    chris

i love my arb! for what it's worth....
    i was having issues getting the arb compressor to power up once everything was installed. i thought the relay was bad - but i had dropped it accidentally during my install so it would've been my fault. drj (hooking me up with his connections once again!) contacted arb of washington and explained them of the issue i was having. the guy there put him on hold and then came back and informed him that he had a new relay AND the pressure switch sitting there and would ship it out free of charge. that's what i call customer service! once i replaced the relay things were working fine.

aaron installed my gears and both of the lockers for me. the arb in the front seems to be flawless so far. it has engaged every time that i've asked it to and i'd even say that it required no forward or reverse movement for engagement or disengagement. i can have it engaged and the compressor will go over a half hour without cycling - that tells me that there's a pretty darn good seal inside the pinion (not to mention the fittings atop the pinion and into the solenoid on the compressor). i'm running larger than 35" tires (at the moment :suspicious: ) and it hasn't caused any issues. granted, i've only had it operation on the trail for two or three outings. but like i said, this is just my experiences.
    chris

p.s. bob supplee matched any other price i could find on the arb - with shipping included of course!

looks great sal! i'll be doing that this summer to mine also - hopefully i can check it out in person prior to get some advice from you. oh, how many coats did you put on that engine bay??? :rolleyes: j/k :)