Posts by ineedabin2

thanks Steve for your help it is great to know that there are still people who are willing to step forward and help out another person unknow to you , it was great meeting you and thank you for the use of your metric 24 MM die to chase my axle shaft , you made my day now I can finish this car and get on to my many other projects , this is a great site where members and non members and here to help , thanks again and May God bless you and yours , Joe

I think I am posting in the right area , I will come to you if not to far , I need to chase a spindle thread and it is 22-24 MM not sure , I in N wilm area and can come to you with it if not to far , the previous owner must have beat it with a hammer and mushrommed it at the end .I had to change the hub because the bearing was bad and when I took it off the nut was cut almost in half , I got a new nut to relplace it , I cleand it all up but cannot get the nut started so if you have a die for it , it will only take a few minutes to chase the thread , I am just off of silverside and marsh road , LMK thanks .Ps I can give you some bucks , would like to do this ASAP thanks, Joe

this does not sound like your starter , solenoid will not make this type of noise it may need 2 small spacers to keep the gear from hitting the flywheel ,just put 2 small flat washers in-between the starter and the mounting holes while putting the starter back on ,just a thought .try it nothing to lose but the noise .

just take out one at a time in front of the cat which of course makes the most sense , then take out the other side one , I said earlier that if ther is a differance it is your cat , if no change ck your plugs for carbon or just a bad plug or wire etc, .and if all else fails take a compression ck , but ck for spark and all of your normal cks before getting to that , if you have any other questions email me so I can answer you right away ,I don't come on here everyday . Joe

if you get the code multiple Misfire it useally means a cat is going bad .no power slugish ,what is going on is the cat is breaking inside ,and blocking the exaust from exiting in the right amount this is useally the problem but it can be something else , not a injection problem , them dealers will tell you anything if you do not have a clue ,and bleed you dry , try this take out your 02 sensor and drive it and see if there is a differance in power, wheather you get it back or not , if you do the cat is bad ,try it you have nothing to lose and it will not hurt anything , will sound a little loud but this will tell you wheather or not it is the cat . My thoughts and if you are in N wilm I will put my scanner on it for ya ,no charge of course . then you can get the codes for ya .let me know if you need to know how to get the stubborn 02 sensor out ,

I have done this , water pump went ,I put water in it and left the rad cap loose and drove home no tow charge ,I had an ice chest of water from the ice , if you have no pressure the water pump wil not leak so fast and made it home .went about 30 miles , just watch the temp gauge , when you put that water pump on just make sure it is flush with the block , what happens is when you put the gasket on and tighten 1 bolt to tight it will break an ear off the pump, just stagger whan tightening them. that is all . do not tighten to tight remember only holds about 15 LBs of pressure in radiator ,which is not taht much , make them pretty snug and it will last forever , this is for future referance .

I just picked up rear trac bar relocation bracket today ,I would like front trac bar adjustable if anyone has one , LMK and thanks for input, almost there , I put the back on today tuesday the 30th will start the front tormorrow ,so if anyone has a front adj laying around give me a holla , the back wheels are looking small now prob will be looking for bigger tires and wheels , thanks for the info ,

I am looking for some parts for my lift before I goto retail ,I know some of you take your lifts off and do not like them and the stuff is laying in your garage collecting rust . I am doing a 3 inch lift on my TJ. I have coil springs an shocks and quick disconnect adj sway bar ext, and shocks , and transfer case drop 1 inch , what do u have I can use for me to finish it, in N wilm area , thanks

sounds like you have vacuum leak it ill run great running but hey you sit ideling you get the smoke , you have a hose off somewher? how is your gasket , take som ether and spray it at base of carb if it revs up it is leaking , do not spray it near intake or is il defeat the purpses just around the base and if you do not want to use ether use choke cleaner same effect .hope this helps

sound like one of your lead wires are bad black or red , first do a load ck on the batt ,and make sure you are getting anywhre between 13.5 and 14.5 volts charging ,but load test with a good charge load test should be around 13 charge give or take this is your average charging rate anything above 15 the or below 13 the voltage reg is going bad in the alt ,unless you have a seperate exernal voltage reg,starter will also give you same outcome on the relay , then ck those wires as stated and let us Know how you make out ,

That is nice if you have 5 cars to drive Mr McCain but in reality the average person only has 1 to drive and yes he has to drive it when it is cold out or raining ,so he has to put his top on to do this ,

sounds like you have it grounded out . what does it do with the antenna off ? ,if your meter drops and then it jumps off the meter, definatly a ground ,bad wire connection or something there ck it out .LMK how you make out

that 400 trans is one of the best trans to get , they are stock in older vetts and are in most of your older chev vans and pickups and are a very HD transmission I would not goto anything else if i could find one ans was doing a conversion and it will outlast anything out there , my opinion