Posts by 2000sahara

I wasnt saying the mtr was stronger than an Irock but both myself and quadna beat the hell out of the set of mtrs i have and have had no problems.

Congrats Ian, I saw this on bmja and emailed the guy but got no responce, i was gonna go look at it but just never got around to it. If your interested in selling the doors and hardtop let me know my dad has been looking for some.
    Ed

Thanks guys...I didnt realize i damaged it until the other day. I did notice that i have some vibes at about 65 mph so i looked under the jeeps and saw the carnage. Im going to try and bend it with a hammer first and see what happens but I might buy a spare bracket just in case.
    Thanks for the info guys
    Ed

I mangled one of my front control arm brackets on the last trip to paragon. Its still connected to the axle, but its pretty twisted. Anyone know of any places that sell just the control arm brackets? Or does anyone think it will bend back into shape with a BFH without breaking off the axle?

The used to be a big A auto parts that pressed bearings on and off. I also think that if you take it to pep boys they will do it too. If you go to the one in newark, DJ, (Salvagexj on the boards) works in the shop there he should be able to do it.

I had a great time too. I cant take all the credit for leading the group though. The maps of paragon suck and i think everyone helped out on guiding the us through the trails, especially Ken. One thing james forgot was that after whompum we went down turtle rocks which was a nice uneventfull ride. Other than that i think james pretty much summed it up. I busted a valve stem and i think my control arm bracket is bent some but nothing a bfh cant fix. Im sorry everyone couldnt fill up with my oba,after about 5 people used it, i wasnt paying attention and the filter filled with oil causing it to blow tons of oil through the hose...Oops.
    P.S. Im gonna leave the tail leading to Chris, although if i had to i would do it again. :spinrhead:

Master tech does great work, they have fixed my jeep and repainted my hard top. Also if you go up to delcastle high school, the auto shop has a machine i believe. Usually they will do work pretty cheep. I know the teacher hes pretty cool.
    Ed

I had the same problem with the random clicking like the turn signal was on but mine ended up drying out and i have no problems. However occasionally the right front turn signal socket gets corroded and causes problems. You may want to check them too.

4 inches of backspacing works well with a tj. 3.75 is also not bad it just sticks out of the wheel well a little more. I have 35/12.50.15 tires with 15x8 and 4" backspacing. This works very well with no rubbing. I also used 3.75" of backspacing with 33/12.50/15s and had no problems. Thats all i know.