Posts by 2000sahara

8.8s are a good idea but im still not too keen on replacing one c-clip axle with another c-clip axle. I hear too many stories of rear axles breaking and walking right out of the housing. Plus i dont really want to have to find an axle, buy brackets, have them welded on and then buy a locker for the axle and pay to have it redone. A d60 would be cool but after seeing mopartech drag his over everything this weekend while running 38s i dont think i want that either. The d44 is looking like the best option right now and i might upgrade to the 33 spline superior axles for a grand total of 2350 plus shipping. Thanks for all the help guys. Im still open for more suggestions.
    Ed

Well i destroyed my rear axle shaft and locker this weekend at rausch creek and i need something to replace it. I could spend another 900 dollars to replace the super 35 kit and then spend the money to have it installed, or i could spend a bit more and get a completely new dana 44 or possibly a dana 60. I was wondering who has the cheepest prices on pre built axles, and if anyone has any other suggestions. I called aroudnd and found that drivetrain direct is probobly the cheapest at 2150 plus shipping for a d44. Also considering the detroit broke in mine( the splines that the axle slides into are broken into pieces as are the axle shaft splines) should i try and call detroit and complain? And where can i find the number.

Just a thought but wont the bmja people be using most of the camp area for the pig roast? Where are we gonna cook burgers? and can we? Still deciding wether or not to go up on friday or saturday. If anyone is going up friday after 430 i will go with you if not im gonna go sat. morning. Might stay till sunday.

I still want to go. However i wanted to go up friday night and camp then come home on saturday night. However if noone else is doing this then I may just ride up on saturday morning. Or maybe will get a hotel room. Let me know what everyone is doing. I dont want to be the lone camper.
    Ed

Call up Bob Supplee. He can get yukon gears and detroits usually at a much better price than others. I just had a set installed and i know a few others are running thier products.
    Ed

After a week of problems, i am finally locked front and rear. The first problem was getting the front hubs off. Apparently they are supposed to fall off or come off with a little persuasion..Not mine. I used a puller and it pulled the front half of the hub off and not the back. So borrowed a bigger puller from slavagexj and got them off finally. Then the old bearings that were on the super 35 detroit and the used front carrier, wouldnt come off, so i had to have them cut off. Then the bearings that come in the new kit werent the right size for the super 35, so i went and got new ones which ended up not having races. So after finally getting a set with races we go to put the carrier in and the friggin thing doesnt move. Wrong races. Apparently the super 35 takes some kind of special races which cost me 30 bucks (just for the races). So 60 bucks and 5 days later im locked and ready to roll.

Not sure exactly what your looking for but i have a set of front spindles, rotors and calipers off of a 76 Nova...Free to the cause if any of it will work. they are GM bolt pattern i think 5 x 4 3/4 i could be wrong though.
    Ed

They are all separated so if you two want to make a deal on the ring and pinion i can assist in delivery. Just let me know. Im still working on getting locked. Hopefully next weekend.
    Ed

I use regular 10w30 or 10w40 oil and In the transfer case i use dextron 3 as a replacement for the mopar atf stuff. The manual says you can do this. And gear oil is regular 80w90.
    Ed

LOL...My fiance tried her hand at casting and the whole rig went straight up and landed on the beach about 5 ft from her. PS I have alot of extra surf fishing crap, cause my old man grew up in atlantic city surf fishing. As a matter of fact he ate fresh fish so much he didnt know fish smelled untill they moved away from the beach. However that still doesnt mean i catch anything when i fish. :shrug:
    Ed

If you dont have tools i would suggest waiting untill someone who does is available. Sometimes you need a spring compressor to get the springs in and out. You also need a wide array of metric sockets and wrenches. If I had known a few days ago you could have come to my house and we could have tossed it in in a couple of hours. Unfortunatley i have to go visit the future inlaws( you know Inheritance and stuff).
    Ed