Posts by 2000sahara

You would need and obd II scanner to read the codes for that vehicle. I think they are about 100 bucks or so at pep boys. However it will tell you about where the problem is but wont tell you much more on how to fix it.

Dont buy a new drop kit, I have 2 extras, one is 1" and the other is 1.5". As for the bolts comming loose you may have spun the inserts inside of the frame. I hear several members have had the problem. Ive been lucky. You might be able to have someone weld them back in place. Someone with the problem may want to speak up.
    Ed

A blown head gasket could do the same thing. The could be ok still. However if the head was warped from heat or cracked, it could have caused the blown head gasket. Its a vicious cycle.
    Ed

Mine sometimes sticks when its hot and the clicky thing just turns on the cap. I usally just fill it from the PCV hole when it wants to be a pain. But i think if yours is broke, go with slimers idea.
    Ed

All of this info is great hovever people with automatics should disregard it. According to the math 456s and 35s will put you over 3000 rpm at 65mph. For a Six cylinder that is screaming. Im going with 410, i will let you know how it turns out.

My tera shaft works fine with a 4 inch lift w/ a 1.25" body lift and stock skid plate. And i believe Andrew has the same drive shaft and has no problems with the belly up skid. But he can speak up about that.

Judging by how much ground clearance you have now compared to some of the other jeeps i would stay where you are. There are several jeeps that have much less ground clearance and much less room for flex who do fine on the hardcore trails. If i were you i would just replace your wrapped up springs and be done. Your already locked and ready to rock.

I let mine idle and it works fine but its a little slower. The oil blowing through the line doesnt help either. I know chris uses a hand throttle and he is always done airing up before me. Also i have mine set to kick on when it drops to 80 and kick off at 120. I have a 3000psi tank though so mine is set a little higher.

Im pretty sure it will work. I was gonna do it on my cutlass but decieded to pull the condenser to save weight. If anything it might work too well, because the condenser is usally much bigger than a trans cooler. I came close to doing it and thought that the trans may not get hot enough to work properly because the condecer on my cutlass was bigger than the radiator.
    Ed

Look at the before pic on his wheel. The wheel was screwed up to begin with so putting it back in the same spot is out of the question. Whever installed it the first time put it on upside down so his wheel was never straight. Trust me i took it apart to try and fix it. It probobly just in the alignment. Judging by the picture, it doesnt look that far off. Mine was much worse than that after the lift.
    Ed

I know its not really the same type of battery, but i have a delco voyager deep cycle battery for my trolling motor. I have owned this battery for close to ten years now, let it sit for a good year once without a charge, and it came right back to life. Deep cycles dont die that easy, sounds like you either have a defective battery or a the dreaded parasitic drain. Even when i worked at The Three Thieves, I mean Pep boys, we rarely had any deep cycles come back.
    Ed

You dont really need a cross over pipe. It does balance the exhaust flow and gives it a smoother sound but it definately isnt necessary. I run dual 2.5" pipes on my cutlass and have no problems. I have read numerous articles on the topic and they only pick up a couple of horsepower. When i had my exhaust done the convenience of pulling the trans without dropping the exhaust outwieghed the little bit of horsepower and smoother sound that the crossover provided. Just my 2 cents

I have a set that came off of troubles jeep and attempted to put them on and had some minor problems too. I just took a giant pair or channel locks and bent the shock mounts outward untill shock extenders fit. Then i decieded not to install them. But they will fit with a little finess.

well when i first installed it i only put in about 3 oz or so and it worked fine. Then i was talking to others and they said there should be more, so i got scared and added more. When its standing up i filled it untill it came out the side fill hole. It was like 10 oz or something like that. Thats when it started blowing some serious oil through it. And naturally i went to all 3 sears's to buy and oil remover and they are all out of them. I guess i will wait.

Looks good, I love my oba too, i left my bracket unpainted though. You cant see much of it anyway. Even fit with the stock air box. Now i need an oil remover, worked without one for a while but then i filled the copressor and its blowing oil like a champ. Good luck on the install.
    Ed