Posts by shadyluke

Just sold my 03 Rubicon because I have a kid on the way, looking to get a 4 door wrangler. Not looking for anything special, just want a 6 speed manual

I feel you. My wife is pregnant with the 3rd. I want a commander with the 4.7

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Ford 8.8 is a great option. Find one from an explorer with the correct gear ratio and disk brakes. They are common and very affordable. The disk brake ones from a 98 or newer will also net you 31 spline axles and probably a limited slip differential. I had one in my YJ years ago and it did great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I needed another key for my wj, I had a locksmith in Middletown cut the key (no one else would cut a transponder) and Carman Jeep programmed the fobs for me

I think I can convince my local hardware store to cut the keys for me. I had to have the dealer reflash the skim module in a TJ once cuz it "lost" its keys and it cost an hour labor, $90. Figure I might as well get 2 spares since it should be the same hours labor.

From what I've seen, they all have the chip now. I'm not sure if it's in the key housing or in the circuit board, though. The board is removable from my keyfob (power locks+panic).

With no power options she just gas what looks like a old TJ key. I'm going to order two for her.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

My mom recently purchased a used 2015 JK from a non Jeep dealer. It is a complete base model with no power options so it has a basic key. The problem is it only came with one. Do all JKs have transponder keys? Since she only has one I suspect it will be a trip to the dealer to program a second one.

So are my assumptions that this is a transponder key correct?

I mainly bought it to have something to do trail runs with and one day take to Easter jeep safari. We have the LJ for an every day vehicle. I don't want an all out rock crawler just something to run blue/green trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get enough lift to clear 33s and you will be good. Sometimes I think I had more fun wheeling my Jeep on 33s than on 40s.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I was thinking about doing a color matched Sahara green rhino liner on the inside and outside. Either that or something cheap. I don't want to be upset about scratching up a custom paint job on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping to plasti dip my old 4Runner before the end of the summer. I can buy a gallon for less than 70 bucks. You can also spray or roll on rustoleum. Theres not a lot of surface area on a TJ. I really hate the look of bedliner on the outside of a whole vehicle. The rockers is cool but doing the whole thing bothers me. I passed on a really cheap Cummins just because it was lineX'ed.

I think there is still a cage in the 99 Sahara I parted out earlier this year. The last of it is still sitting on my buddies trailer. Any interest in a stock cage to just replace that one?