Posts by shadyluke

depends on which cover you get, Quadratec sold at least 6 different styles when I was there from. I usually recommended the Bestop "All Weather Trail Cover". Pretty nice and cover the door opening so they're nice if you have the doors off.

Thats the one I was going to order. I haven't had doors or windows in since the spring. I will be removing the softop and just running the bikini.

They all seem to be in the same price range. I probably have all the parts to make the relay harnesses. I just don't want to melt my wiring harness. I drive 70 plus miles a day. Usually in early and home late and I always run with headlights on.

I have been considering upgrading the headlights in my Cherokee and my YJ. Searching on here keeps coming up with the IPF e-spec lights. Are these the same H4 conversions that Quadratec sells? How do the delta or rampage housings compare? I have also seen all the arguments about the xenon blue bulbs but is the stock wiring capable of handling an 80/100w bulb over the 55/60w bulbs. I drive a lot of miles on country roads and quite a bit on I95. I want to be able to see better. I will add some low mounted fog lights at some point also but the headlights are my main focus especially since I have one with a stone hole in it. I'd appreciate all feedback related to experiences with different manufacturers/bulb types and wiring limits.

I plan on ordering this afternoon along with a bestop trail cover.

I am in the process of installing a Rock Hard 4x4 front bumper on my 2001 cherokee. Has anyone installed something similar and if so; what did you do with the inner fenders? Did you cut them or completely remove them. I got the bumper new but second hand so I don't have any directions if they even made a recommendation.

What's the chances you live in Duck Farm or know someone who does. Is the Hummer you used to drive Maroon in color? Did you haul Santa around Duck Farm for Christmas one year. Sounds like someone I know.

not me. I don't get to bring it home. It's my govt truck to drive at work. I had a M1025 and then a M996. I have since up graded to a real pick up. I test tactical vehicles and have spent plenty of time driving pretty much all variants of the HMMWV. They are purpose built trucks.

The only thing I like better about my jeep vs my HMMWV is the heater and the visability. I would reconsider your approach and change the topic to reflect facts not a biased opinion. Have you ever owned a HMMWV, driven a HMMWV, offroaded a HMMWV, towed with a HMMWV. I have personally done all of the above (except own, I have one at work that I used to drive everyday for over a year) and I would never say one is better than the other overall. You could point out instances where having one would be better than the other as was suggested above.

Wow. I never knew DE let you go with that much. I still couldn't pass it but that would make full width axles inspectable with large flares and wheels with a stock backspacing.

Good luck with the inspection.

Bay Boat Works charges $10. They are located right across the water from Charlestown. Just the otherside of northeast on 272. My dad has a house right there and we have a sunfish and little 16 foot O'Day day sailer. You will love the hobbie on the northeast river. Just watch the boom!

To get air out of the system. Start with a cool engine, take the cap off the radiator, and start it up. Turn the heat on high and run it till the thermostat opens. You will see coolant moving in the radiator. It won't take long before you can put the cap back on it and it will build pressure. A buddy of mine showed me how to do it when I was having a similar issue after replacing the water pump in my Wrangler.