Posts by shadyluke

Would you go for the 59 dollar stand or the 120 dollar stand. The weight and length of the 4.0 can put a he'll of a moment on the upright and I don't want the stand to fatique if the engine sits on it for a year.

I really didn't want to borrow one just because I don't know how long I will have an engine on it. I didn't realize you were out of work at the moment. I thought when we meet up at Qtec that day you were talking about a job change you had just gotten a new job.

I am in complete envy. This seems to be a project that will be both tasteful and functional. I doubt you will ever see 30 mpgs from it but who cares. You will have something no one else does and you built it. Hats off. I know where there are a few more military jeeps like that.

Really Just pick up another engine on craigslist. They are all over the place. My 95 YJ is having some issues but I don't think I will ever let it go. It will be a good experience for your boy to help work on it.

Are you trying to keep this on somewhat of a budget or are you willing to spend some cabbage. Knowing where I will be at money wise when I buy tires next time I am considering the new kevlar MTsor the MAXXIS Trepador tires.

I had my 33 cooper STT on my ranger before they went on the jeep and was always happy with them. They are siped so that may help a little. The cooper STT is the same compound as the MTZ which I've heard many people happy with them also.

1995 Jeep YJ

Drivetrain
    4.0L 236k miles (Needs replaced)
    AX-15 Transmission that hates me (SM465 to go in)
    NP231 with SYE
    Tom Woods Drive Shaft
    Front Dana 30 w/4.10 gears
    8.8 Rear w/4.10 gears Disc Brakes

Wheels/Tires
    15x10 steelies
    33x12.50 Cooper STT

Armor
    Warn Gas Tank skid
    Warn Rock Sliders
    Cut stock front bumper
    Rusty's rear bumper with custom built swing away carrier

Warn XD9000i Winch (Traded a 92 Cherokee for it)
    48" High Lift
    Cobra CB w/ firestik

In the Garage:
    84/88 Front Dana 60
    78 Rear Dana 60 with Spool

Question is: Why would he remove the pinion nut to get the rotors off?

Well if he is tearing it down to do a complete rebuild ( I did as I got a JY axle and it needed bearings), or just new seals then he will need the parts to do it right. Crushing that sleeve is not an easy task for someone just starting into an axle build. But it can be done!