Posts by XJ99

can anyone out there put some custom tow hooks on my 99 XJ? If u got welding experience and know how to do this kinda thing let me know and for how much u would put 1 or 2 hooks on the Jeep for me? thanx

anyone know of a shop around northern-middle delaware where I can get a dual exhaust put on a 99 cherokee? Im looking for like a custom flowmaster or borla exhaust for some good sounds and looks...but what shops can do that kinda exhaust work?

yea, I need to replace my trac bar bushing on my 99 cherokee cause Its sounding really worn and making a knocking sound when I turn the steering wheel back and forth...and Its coming from where the trac bar goes Into the bushing...anyway
    I know I can order a polyurthane trac bar bushing set from quadratec and other places for about 7 bucks but Is there anywhere local I can pick this kinda part up at? somewhere within like 30 mins or so... Im in the newark, de area...
    and also Is there anywhere that would sell a quality steering stabilizer or do I have to order that....
    thanks, Josh

I Just recently added a 3" lift to my 1999 XJ and Im geting a bump/knocking sound from the bushing where my trac bar is mounted in the bushing...I think the bushing is really worn and thats why I get a knocking sound around 50mph and when I turn the wheel back and forth...so what do you guys think, should I Just replace the actual bushing or do I need to find an aftermarket off-roading trac bar...and does anyone have any of these things laying around they could sell me to fix my problem? Josh

yea Im thinking something like that...Iv nev er heard of using a torch for Installing a lift...I think he said something about heating springs or bolts up...but Im not sure...pry was Just an easy way of coping out for him...he only wanted $200 and Im sure It was like an 8 hour Job...but oh well I'll have to keep looking around and save some more money up...Iv had this lift kit sitting around since July of 03' and havent put It on...It gets me quite mad and upset...

yea Im thinking something like that...Iv nev er heard of using a torch for Installing a lift...I think he said something about heating springs or bolts up...but Im not sure...pry was Just an easy way of coping out for him...he only wanted $200 and Im sure It was like an 8 hour Job...but oh well I'll have to keep looking around and save some more money up

ok so I know a guy who is from what he said "experienced" with suspension parts and he owns a small private garage with all the tools he thought he should need for my lift..(spring compressor and such).. he thought he was plenty able to throw my lift on for me after he looked over the directions for a little $ and I said cool...so It went In today friday and I even took off of work and he calls me this afternoon saying he didnt have all the tools he needed to heat something up with a torch but didnt have one....so yea that sucks I thought Id have It on this weekend...are they any other recommendations for shops around here to get the Job done right? Its a 99 XJ and a 3" rough country lift with front coils, rear aal, and shocks all around...not that hard from what I understand but I myself lack the knowledge of any suspension and using big tools, any Ideas?