Posts by XJ99

Well like the title says It is a show truck...so for something that aint going in the mud or rocks 38's aint all that much harm...

I think It's pretty sweet, drop It down about 3-4" and throw on some 35's and you could wheel the piss outa that thing...

theres alot of work for both with all the perches and brackets you TJ guys have, plus re-gearing/lockers , personally I think you could find one already built and used for a good price that fits your needs...

the 31spline 8.8 is arguably stronger then the 44, but is c-clip...It's a matter of preference and availability, but I'd search pirate and the other forums If your serious, you can find a well built rear for 500-1000$, which you'll easily spend on having someone gear and lock and reweld perches on them...

As far as budget boost go, any kit is fine because Its only a budget boost...There aint a whole lot Involved...

Rusty's would be fine, I also think RE makes a nice budget boost, Im sure Bob Suplee would get you a great price on. Go with either the Rustys or the RE6160 If your set on a budget boost, Its add leafs rather and blocks or shackle, and It comes with shocks.

If you go with BPE's It will add about 1", you shouldnt need new shocks, but hey If a kit comes with them that cant hurt....but I wouldnt go out and buy new shocks unless your stockies are shot. If you run both that shouldnt hurt either, Just flex and make sure your not over compressing them, If so bumpstop accordingly.

Either way go with a shackle or add leafs, stay away from the blocks cause they will prematurley wear your stock pack.

As far as tires...you should clear a 30x9.50 easily, and a 31x10.50 you could clear with a tiny bit of trimming, nothing to serious...

yea thats pry not a good Idea, I bet If they caught you there'd be some big fines....

Check out the paintball spot on redmill rd in newark, de...I think It owned by a paintball place but they are usually only out there when Its warm

Quote from "Slimer"

:hmm: My guess is they will be more "out in force" for a while in light of the 200 or more dead ducks and geese that were found a week ago.
    :upset:
    Did you guys see that in the paper?

The problem is they only have like I wanna say 7 full-time people to patrol all 3 counties above and below the canal...That Job's alot of driving, If their below the canal handling some Illegal wheelers and they get a call for someone Jumping at the bridge, you know It takes them atleast 30+ minutes to responde...but I guess that's why theres other police and radios

Quote from "joo"

send him my way.... :hmm:

They may have some seasonal spots open at denrec but you still gota to have a pretty good handle on the law (I.E. delaware code book, and search and seizure laws), give It a shot and apply

If your talking full-time you got to apply then go through delaware state police academy

Quote from "joo"

I would love to do it, but not in that durango...

I would do It to, he actually tried recruiting me, but the pay aint all tht pretty...as compared to county or state pd

haha that's funny, my buddy works for fish & wildlife down there...he said they sneak up on people wheeling all the time, plain black durango with flip down visor led's and what not...His Job must so much fun....

Quote from "GhostDakota"

-Need a windshield, both mirrors, new rear bumper, new tire, (broke/fixed my sway bar disco's), KC light cover, BIG dent in the side, new tailpipe, etc...

I have the rear bumper from my 99 with brackets still, the end caps are missing but Its a redish color similar to yours, If you want It, Its free, Just let me know before It see's the trash...

nice pics by the way...

6" untrimmed, might be tight squeeze....I'v pry seen less Lift though
    5-5.5- kinda trimmed
    4-4.5 trimmed to hell....
    :peace:

as did I, a weekend is best, I started sat at 9am, was finished removing seats and hardware, then sanding and preping by noon, then It took me and a friend about 4 hrs to do 3-4 coats, leaving an hour between coats. I rolled down all my windows and let It sit until noon the next day on Sunday, perfect, bolted in seats and hardware and was ready to roll by 2pm. Only complaint Is It can get a bit warm on summer days, but I dont have AC so I rely on the wind to cool me down

I think a couple TJ guys on here are running 4" coils and 35's w/o problems...
    I'm gonna be selling some TJ 6" SJ coils in a week, I know they will clear 35's easy... :driving:

I rolled some herculiner in last summer and It worked perfect, used the entire gallon container, I'd say mines pretty thick, not a 1/2, but closer to a 1/4, I did 3-4 coats, letting It dry for a few hrs, then laying on another, I havent had any problems, extremely durable, I havent goten an blemishes in It yet. I definatley recommend It. Makes clean up 10x easier, I use a garden hose, shop vac and a couple towls and the floors spotless....Its pretty funny when people see me go through the car wash backwards, wash first, Interior second...

I saw a black XJ once at honda east on 40, looked like 6", 33's and some cool as black ar wheels with silver rings...this thing was sharp, never got to talk to the guy though, he did have DE tags

what kinda trails do you ladys run? I'd consider letting my girl take the wheel for the day and I observe as passenger...

Well without looking at the post, I picked the 14th based on hoping for warmer weather deeper in the month, but either is good for me so 7th is fine..