Posts by MiniTubbedNova

I love my ox locker in the rear of my zj. its ina tj44 i swapped in, its stout, i put it thru its paces the last weekend under my 5200 pund rig. I like that i dont have to have air, and if i seize a cable or cut it i can throw the drive-a-way nut in it to lock it. oh did i say it was stout. i would say it is just as strong as arb. and so will many others. plus the full billet lever in the cab is so bling.

I pull my 21 foot trophy dual console with my grand... Has about same wheel base. boat and tralier weight about 4500 wet... boats look deciving.. Never has that tail waged the dog. but my grand weighs in at close to 5200 pounds towing

Thats a 21 foot cuddy, probably right at 5500 wet. Over the limit of the jk, but i ve seen worse.

if the 242 is out of a 96 to 98 its a direct bolt in, out of any 93-95 grand or anything eles you gotta swap input shafts.

good score, show some pics

so how many grands are around here now ????

Not many, but i have knoticed in the last 2 years more and more stuff is coming out for the zj, and the forum for grandcherokees and zj on jeepforum is exploding, i see the wrangler forum has about 150 views at any on time, where the grandcherokee frourm hovers around 250 views.

either way i like being unquie.... I always get stares with mine..

and i saw you the other day on coming off mill town, i was in my moms car getting bolts and drill bits for my long arms

Anything from DEI is a good brand. The range thing has a lot of variables.. aftermarket tint, lowes range, clear veiw of ky, way car is parked... I always put the antennas behind the rear veiw in the center of the windsheild... Thats where i have mine at, and i can hit my 5 year old DEI in my grand from inside Del-Tech and it start..

Two way is the way to go... Like stafford said it lets you know its on. Also it tells you if the car is locked unlucked, if alarm is going off, Advanced ones can tell you what door is breached. What i dont like about the 2ways is the big remote... But eventually ill do a two way on my jeep when i get around to it...

But remember audio jam and such does bacis installs to full out... options cost... but i recomend the roll up window feature anf roll down feature for power wind full enclosed vehicles... nice to be able to start car and crack windows in summer.. or just crack windows in summer. Also a good feature is the window defrost... so that way you hit the remote start and then the defrost aux and it clicks it on to defrost rear windows... also a good feature is a timer auto start so you can have it start up at say 630 am when you say to before bed. also another useful one is the key off feature... when you wanna run into dunkin you can hit the remote, turn key off and then lock it but vehicle stays running... that way you can safely leave it running and have the heys with you... press the brake and it shuts off... also is a nice feature is a cycle start... where you can have it start up every so many hours for a set amount of time... that way it can stay warm during a blizzard and stay semi clean...

most good brands can do all this and more... but its a pretty penny but good to have.

Honestly i would say the interefernce is coming from the plug wire, its obvisouly something when the vehicle is running, usually it changes tone and pitches as the egnine revs, i woul try getting better wires, or swapping differnt wires on it. or step from a 7mm to 8mm wire. it helps keep the electrical energy in the wires not in everything else.

Here is my try at it... Check all ignition compents, check for broken plug wires, cracked cap, wires that are loose on coil... Most radio interfernace like yours is cause by ignition sources...

My 60k volt MSD 6AL box in my Nova makes all the speaker whirr in it. Nothing i can do but put a noise supressor on the coil, but i cant hear the radio over the exhaust anyway.