Posts by cdlongjr

All I was told was the civic assoc. was having problems scheduling a fire engine. I went so far as to buy my own. A 1962 ALF from the Sunoc refinery in Marcus Hook, PA. 7,000 original miles, but she was too far gone for my limited skills.

Thank you Jerry. You may not remember Betty Boop, she was black when you left the card @ Home Depot. Yes, old school lights, after all Santa is an ole fart like me! :)
    I'm figuring on installing the wiring permanently, (12 gauge) with plugs on the ends to attach the lights & siren. I'm also looking at installing dual batteries as I plan on installing a winch next year & maybe a small block. Siren will be to alert kids Santa is coming. Christmas music is a great idea, thanks.

Some may remember me as Santa CD, looks like I'm getting back into the Santa business.
    I want to add emergency vehicle lighting to my 87 YJ. I plan to install 4 rotating beacons, 2 only windshield hinge mounts & 2 on poles up from the rear bumper, (all 4 will have cigarette lighter plugs when the arrive), & a siren, (2 wires), mounted on the front bumper. I have the 4.2 with stock alternator & battery. I also intend to use the cigarette lighter to power a small inverter to operate the small bulb, flashing Christmas lights that will wrap around the body. What, if any additional wiring/ fuse block/? Should I install to power these lights? I'll have 3-5 rocker switches mounted under the dash.
    Now for the rest of the story. Years past, I rode a fire truck thru the subdivision tossing candy canes to the kids. It got harder & harder to get a fire engine when we wanted to make the ride, so the Civic Association stopped trying to schedule it. Last year, the ole girl got an on frame restoration & new "fire engine red" paint. The Civic Association asked if I could decorate the YJ and start the ride again in 2017. They purchased me a Santa suit & will donate $150.xx to help with the cost of the lights, so I figured why not?
    Thanks for any help.

You were correct. Worked the cover over a mirror. It's small particles of the cover, but looks metallic. Didn't want to use a duster and mess up the new paint job.
    Thanks!

We purchased a 3 layer cover for the YJ & have had it about 2 months. Cover does what it's supposed to very well except last week when I uncovered her, I saw a small amout of what appears to be metalic sawduct. Yesterday afternoon when I uncovered her there was a lot more, on the windshield, hood scoop and driver's side of the hood. There are no tags on the cover or the storage bag to ID the manufacturer so I told Momma go back and see who we purchased it from. Any one else have this issue with a Jeep cover? :upset:

I know the feeling. My gas tank test failed twice in lane 2 , same inspector. I dropped the tank and replaced both check valves and all the hoses. Even ran a new hose to the canister in case the steel line was bad. 3rd time she failed again, lane 2, same inspector. I checked where he had the pliers and they were on the wrong hose. I told him and I got a raft of crap about don't tell him how to do his job. I got loud and his supervisor came over and I showed here the line that went back to the gas tank, (it now has white electrical tape on it). Next time I might antique her so I don't have this crap and drop a small block Chevy :cuss: in.

I was able to remove some shims from the turbo 350 tranny mount and get the angles better. Drove her 2 hours to Maryland for a family reunion yesterday. No issues.
    Thanks to all for all the help !!!! :driving:

Thanks Kuntryboy.
    I have seen that steel pinion angle shims are available. Know anything about them?
    I saw you on salem Creek road the other day. Like your Jeep.

I have spent the past 14 months working on the 87 Wrangler. Started with a simple repaint , ended up with replacing hood, tailgate, cowl, windshield & frame, seats, installed family rollbar and body mounts and bushings). Then went to replace bushings in leaf springs, which ended up replacing all 4 springs. Then found out some of the 4" lift kit components were incorrect. Replaced them, then replaced most of the front end. After a front end aline, I have to replace the steering box BUT now this arose:
    My problem is the rear drive shaft. With all components now correct, the Wrangler sets much higher and the rear u-joints are making a clunking/clicking noise. I have been researching articles about driveshaft angles but I'm lost. Can anyone explain to me in simple english how/where/what to measure and what will cure the problem? The Wrangler has a 4.2L with a B&M turbo 350 trans. There's a mount under the trans that's adjustable and I can drop the trans about 1 inch.
    I have a photo of the rear driveshaft. Just email me: cdlongjr@msn.com
    Any help is greatly appreciated. JEEP, just empty every pocket. My pockets were empty long ago. Mrs. & I want to ride! You know what they say "if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". Right now Momma is furious!

Robert L Taylor, Post 13 in Delaware City is in need of Jeeps to transport our members in the Delaware City Day parade. We lead the parade. We have 50 members, but I'm not sure how many will need rides. Several of us still march. If interested, please contact Jim Grant, Post Commander @: uncle.duck@version.net. The parade is July 19th starting at 09:30.