Posts by cdlongjr

She runs good, but I'll need some time getting used ta the clutch. Nice ride with only a bikini top, (guess I was destined to be a "Jeeper").
    I have 2 mechanical problems. The water temp gauge & fuel gauge peg when the switch is turned on. The gas tank held $18 worth & the radiator didn't feel like it was as hot as the gauge said. I lifted the lever on the radiator cap & got no overflow. I removed the cap & the antifreeze level was barely below the neck. Any ideas what might be wrong, or should I just replace the fuel gauge & water temp sending units.
    Oh, when I 1st started her, neither gauge worked. After I drove her a few miles, I noticed both gauges were pegged. The seats also seem to sit high, any way to check that out?
    I can't get over all the folks honkin' @ me all the way home.
    Thanks for any help,

Being an ole trucker, just what do you intend to use the radio for? If you want to transmit as far as possible, the higher or longer the antenna the better. If you are just using it for trail rides, a 3 footer is fine. You can put a tennis ball over the antenna to stop paint/body damage. I'm thinking about mirror mounts for my CJ, with springs betweem the antenna & mount. It's always a good idea to have your radio "tuned up". Peak the power in the radio.