Posts by cdlongjr

Does anyone have pics in their photo album, or could you send me pics of the brackets and tailgate bar for a factory soft top. I think I have Best Top and factory hardware mixed together. I found pis on several installation instructions, but not the detail I need.
    Thanks
    cdlongjr@msn.com

My new to me soft top has several areas that are soft and several areas that are stiff,(hard?). Should I be using saddle soap or mink oil on it?

Mine is in the Jack Guard plastic case. I was wondering where to mount it. I have a jeep trunk so thanks to BFrank, I think I know where it's gonna go.
    I agree with all, get a good floor jack, (Harbor Freight). I have used my hi lift in the driveway and it wasn't a pretty sight when it fell over. Glad I wasn't under the YJ.

Does the frame come apart to install the new glass/Lexan?
    Is the larger handle supposed to hold the glass when you open it? If yes, mine doesn't. What's do I need to repair/replace?
    I found this this morning-"when I opened up the window enclosure I found that BestTop had welded the seem closed so that I could not remove the window". Am I "PITW" thinking I can put Lexan back in the window? This will be a real bummer if I can't. Will have to find a black, driver's side slider.

Thanks

Couple of slider questions:
    Does the frame come apart to inmstall the new glass/Lexan?
    Is the larger handle supposed to hold the glass when you open it? If yes, mine doesn't. What's do I need to repair/replace?

Thanks, Lexan MR it is. Pick the sliders up tomorrow. Due to lack of soft top, I have installed a new bikini top and rear curtain. Looking @ under seat 12V heaters. Been 2 years gettin' her legal, she's rollin' this winter!

I have found a pair of upper slides for my YJ. The driver's side is missing 1 piece of glass, don't know if it's the inner or outter piece. Anyone know if the glass can be replaced?
    Thanks

I have 1/2 doors that have tan inner panels. I want to change the color to black or dark gray to match the interior colors. Has anyone done a color change with success? If so, how did you prep them and what did you use for prep and to change the color?
    Thanks

For now, El Cap E Tan was correct. New belt on new engine + stretch=squeal. I tightened the belt last night after I removed the steering shaft and centered the steering wheel. Squeal is gone for now, but I have to find another alternator mounting bracket and check the wiring harness. Too many folks have suggested a short.
    Thanks for all the help.
    2 years of turnin' wrenches, lookin' @ her and fightin' her, now I want to enjoy crusin' as long as I can. Momma's already hollerin' "get a full soft top & upper doors"! Maybe Momma likes my Jeep after all.

Ok, finally got the YJ inspected. Momma and I decided to go cruisin". Along about dusk, turned the lights on and BAM!. Alternator belt started squealin, voltmeter gauge dropped to 8 volts. I turned on just the parking lights. The belt squealed for a short time, voltmeter gauge dropped to 8 volts. When the squealing stopped, I looked at the voltmeter and it was back on 14 volts. Turned the headlights on and the constant squealing started with the voltmeter @ 8 volts.
    I had cleaned all the ground connections and cables when I replaced the engine. Even added some additional ground wires. Alternator was new last year and only has a few hundred miles on it. I do know the alternator is not 100% square to the engine.
    Any ideas, or recommendations on a good electrical shop?