Posts by Freebird1992

I bough my beretta nano back in May and have really enjoyed shooting it. I am looking to move to a different ccw pistol for reasons I will explain in a minute, but first the package:

- Beretta nano 9mm w/ less than 250 rds through it: I paid $520 for it (when they were impossible to get, so I know it was high). I've seen it for as low as 465 recently at targetmaster
    - Extended 8rd magazine: I paid $45
    - XS night sights: I paid $135
    I paid ~$700 for it all, I'd like to see $450 OBO for it. Must trade at licensed FFL'

I keep all my guns immaculately, and there are no scratches and basically no signs of wear. It looks almost brand new. Cleaned and oiled after every time I shot it (about 5 times total)

The reasons why I'm selling it are simple. I have a S&W bodyguard .380 and love it, and want the shield in a 9mm or .40 because it is very similar to the bodyguard, therefore I can keep all of the same controls, etc. Also, since my thumb surgery my left thumb doesn't naturally bend enough so I find the little cutout on the left side of the slide catches the tip of my thumb sometimes and kinda hurts. I didn't have this problem with the shield when I shot it, and no one who has shot my nano has had the problem, so I have concluded it is just cause of my big scarred up thumb haha.

Hi all. I'm trying to get the jeep inspection ready and need to fix the turn signals. I only need the horn push button and the turn signal lever arm, but nowhere seems to sell them individually so I guess I might be stuck dishing out the money for a whole new column that will mostly go to waste :shrug: . Anyways if anyone does happen to have the "guts" of the column, here are the two pieces I need:

Thanks guys!

Okay so we picked everything up. I was mistaken. It DID come with the pilot bushing, but not with the slave cylinder. Anyone know which one I should use? I was thinking trying to find a GM one from an s10 with a 420? Or should I look for something else?

Got everything all squared away! Pulled out and reset the dizzy. Between the timing, venturi cleaning, nutter mod, and team rush upgrade as well as deleting almost all my vacuum hoses, the little truck purrs like a kitten!

I got fed up and removed the distributor and reset the timing. I got it fired up and it ran great for about 3 seconds. Really smooth. Then it just died. I'm thinking I messed up the vacuum hoses when I did the nutter bypass. I connected the vacuum advance on the dizzy to the side ported vacuum on the carb, and I think maybe I wasn't supposed to.

Finished my Team Rush and Nutter mods. Went to fire it up to adjust to 8 BTDC and it wouldn't start. Still have good spark to the plugs, lots of backfiring through the carb as it tries to start. How do I static time this engine? I went to pull the #1 spark plug, but it is the biggest pain in the a** i've ever seen. Got the spark plug out but with everything so close to it there is no way I can get a light down there to see the top of the piston or a dowel to feel it. I'm lost. Any advice? If I pull the #2 spark plug when the piston is at the top, should the rotor point to the #2 point on the dizzy, etc?

good deal. picked up team rush components yesterday. will do both today. also got a great deal on a motorcraft 2100 from a guy. used but in working order, w/ adapter and airbox only $50 shipped. Has the 1.08 venturis as well.

I think I found most of the info here:

http://www.novak-adapt.com/cat…transfer_case/kit_421.htm

Looks like I'll need a new pilot bushing. Also I can't determine if their transmission mount allows direct bolt to factory crossmember.

Lastly, it says like four times that 21 spline will need to be converted to 23 spline. The guy is down in lower delaware and owns a small jeep business he said, and sounded like he knew what he was talking about and assured the 21 spline will work.

Hi all,

Just got some extra cash and found what seems like a great deal on an SM420. It comes with the full conversion to convert an 1988 yj 4.2 from the ba10/crap to the SM420. It is $800 and comes with:

- SM420 to bolt to the 21 spline np231
    - bellhousing AND advance adapter to bolt to 258
    - all clutch components and slave cylinder
    - both front and rear driveshafts

Seems like a great deal. It was taken out of a completely running conversion from what I understand. I wanted to ask y'alls opinion about a few things though.

1. It is set up to accept a 21 spline input from the np231. I know this isn't as strong or desireable as the 23 spline, but for mild wheeling/beach driving this should be a non issue, plus either way the trans is a huge upgrade form the ba10/5, correct?

2. In the long run I will prob need a stronger carrier and lower gears, seeing as mine has the stock 3.07's, but again for mild wheeling and beach driving will trans gearing help compensate for the high gears in the diffs until I can save up enough money?

3. I won't lose any high end torque/top speeds because both trans have a highest gear ratio of 1:1, regardless of 4/5 speed, right? Only difference is higher revs between gears and lower fuel economy. As far as wheeling, the 4 speed is probably better due to less shifting?

4. Has anyone else done this conversion and have any tips/insight? Is there anything I'm overlooking that I will need besides fabbing up or modifying the crossmember and running lines?

Thanks guys!!!