Posts by bluedragon436

Welcome to DEJA!!! I am working on trying to get a CJ that I pass everyday... so then I will be able to add another Jeep to my family... and another CJ to the DEJA family!!! Can't wait to see pics of your rig!!!

Talk to a local fish shop here in Dover, and the guy who runs it.... and is very knowledgeable about different reels and such said the same thing just after looking at you pics, that it is a Model #113.....

Yeah I am not new to shore fishing.... but am new to driving out on the surf so info on this thread will be helpful to more than just you... I am actually considering selling my rods and such... but once I get the time off, and know that I might have the tires to get me back off the beach... I might start hitting the fishing up again!!!

I have one of those $40 combos from Wal-Mart.... Worked great for me when I used to surf fish... Now it just sits in the garage... Maybe I will one day start doing it again... if not it might find its way up on here for sale shortly!!!

Have ya tried jumping the 2 small terminals on the starter solenoid to see if the starter cranks?

He said he took the started to get it checked out and it was good... that should have checked the starter solenoid in the process shouldn't it??

I had a friend with an older YJ that had a similar issue after replacing the engine, and after going back to the JY and getting the ECM from the donor YJ of the new engine... it started right up no issues... Just an idea... not saying it is the only fix for your issue... may be something else... but if you have another ECM or know someone with a similar setup that could let you use theirs to give it a try...

Not sure if the facts from this site are 100% true but something to think about if you are trying to buy American made tires. http://www.usstuff.com/cartires.htm

Well that stinks... guess I will have to save a bit longer for the BFG's I wanted for my Jeep and my wife's truck... If the Good (for on a) Year tires weren't already so darn expensive... and not really worth a crap... I would go with them....

One that I can recommend and they aren't that far away from you really is Defiant Audio.. They are located in Smyrna, and I am not sure if they will install the unit since they didn't sell it... but if nothing else most places will install it for you... but will not be able to warranty the unit... as they did not sell it, and they didn't know the shape of the unit prior to installation... But I know these guys are great guys and are really reasonable... Am about to have them install similar setup in both my Jeep and my wife's Ram... Anyways... not sure if I can post the link up on here or not, but you can find them by searching Google...

Congrats on the plunge... I have been running Firefox for many years, and have gone through the great changes as they have come... I love the on the fly spell check as well... especially when I am tired or working on my school work online... I also like that you can highlight something that you want to research further and right click on it, and say search Google (or whatever) for whatever it was you selected, instead of having to cut and paste it on your fav. search engine!! It is a lot less susceptible to viruses and transmitting them than IE is... even with a firewall or virus protection... I like using the Forcastfox add-on as well as some of the different layouts (skins)... Mac's are awesome, but nothing wrong with PC's either... I would love to own another Mac, and will one day... but am very happy with the PC I built...

Yeah I found some pics of XJ's without the side door bumpers... I think it looks pretty clean without them. My bumper end caps are actually looking pretty good, but they were already black, now they just have a bit of shine to them... I think I will leave the flares alone until I can get a set of Bushwackers!! I will do the famous search to make sure I can't find it, but does anyone know what modifications have to be made to the cut out fender flares to make them work with the 97-01 XJ's?? I mean I know about the drilling of holes, and cutting out the actual fender under neath, but what modifications do I have to make to the actual flare to make it fit up?? Do the stock flares just snap back onto the channels once I take them off?? After I take the side bumpers off the doors, I might try to clean them up with some acetone, and then try giving them a coat of the Fusion Krylon and see what they come out looking like.. If it looks good, then I will do the flares and then put them back on temp, until I can get the bushwackers!!

Hey guys, sort of new to Jeeps, but not to automobiles. I am just wondering if you can paint the stock plastic bumpers on the doors?? I am tired of the faded look, I have used the back to black products, but don't want to have to do it every other month just to keep it looking good. Also was wondering if it is possible to just remove them all together, and if I do and get rid of all the sealant, what will be left under it, will it look ok without them, I know on most vehicles that have the door side molding they have holes and such for mounting them up under neath, don't want to remove these and have holes and such left under there.. Like I said if nothing else I was thinking about painting them if this is possible until I can afford to get the bushwacker flares, and even then I am wondering if I can paint the side molding, and or remove them all together. If I were to paint them would I be fine with just running some sort of cleaner over them and then priming and painting them?? Thank you for your help in advance.

I just got back to DE from being stationed in Germany for four years. Got a 1998 Cherokee and I was wondering this same thing... while checking the Dover State Parks site found out I can go to DAFB outdoor rec to get the liscence... Guess I know what I will be doing this coming week... Can't wait to get my surf fishing rods from shipment and go again, this time I won't be walking to the surf.

Where exactly is Faithful Steward dune?? I would like to either get out there sometime on my own, or get up with you guys when you head out as a group to do a clean up!!