Posts by elff

I just upgraded to 37s on my TJ and have 4 315/75R16s for sale

Just to be clear, these are for 16" rims.

Yokohama Geolander M/T G303

GEOLANDAR M/T® G003
    Conquering the off road is as much about conquering your fears as it is the terrain. The GEOLANDAR M/T G003 is engineered with rock-solid technologies…
    www.yokohamatire.com

They are only 1 year old with less than 1000 street miles and about 10 rock crawling trips.

A couple people can attest to how good these tires do in all conditions after our miserably wet wheeling day at AOAA earlier this year.

There is plenty of tread left.

$225/tire X 4 =$900 with local pickup

1. TheDarkSide + dinner

2. nutrijeeper + dinner

3. deadfeat + dinner Site 130

4. Slowpoke Blue-Black + dinner

5. Buster Stewart + dinner

6. Stafford Black Blue - dinner+1 (wifey who is a member) - staying at Kosey Kabins

7. Kpres419 Blue-green + dinner

8. JKGray10 - hard stuff + dinner - booked site 132 and 131 fri-sun

9. Astape - hard stuff + dinner

10. Stomper +Dinner

11. Ranger08 + Dinner

12. Paulm856 blue-green +dinner

13. Captain II green maybe blue + dinner

14. mr_sparkle green/blue + dinner

15. JNotTall green/blue + dinner - Booked site 133 Fri-Sun

16. JNotTall's Wife green/blue + dinner - Booked site 133 Fri-Sun

17. 2000sahara. Hard Stuff + Dinner probably camping

18. Elff Black+Blue No dinner or overnight

Thanks

One of these days when I am working from home, ill have to drop by the shop in West Chester.

No u joint binding at full turn seems to get me just a touch more.
    My turning at the Club comp was definitely better than it used to be and I had tires with more tread this time.
    I was hitting my lower control arms with the tires as a result

The rcvs also have the same strength at full turn or straight.
    So they are worth every penny.

Tonka

I have the PSC Extreme kit on my Rubicon.
    It, combined with RCV shafts made a gigantic difference in turning at comps. Also, the Hydro assist acts like a killer steering stabilizer on the street, so it's a win win for a jeep that still sees street time.

Sorry I had not posted earlier.

Congrats to you guys.
    Aaron, like the previous year, crushed it in the ShootOut and you guys were consistent all day.

Even if you don't compete, this is one of the best events to go up and watch. It's a blast

Great seeing everyone and doing some pre-comp wheeling the day before.

I removed my front sway bar
    Removed my rear sway bar [Had to get the cutting wheel out due to a rock rashed bolt]
    Removed my Clayton Engine and T-Case skid
    Bungie Tied my Lockers up

Tomorrow I need to remove the front driveshaft, take for a test drive to verify that was indeed the noise coming from the front end and then re-install a Tom Woods D.S. as the one I have now just is not up to par for off roading. It was a quick fix, hence the reason why I had a brand new TS one waiting in a box.

With the sway bars both removed, I am going to do some tuning to my ORI's. Those sway bars really seemed to hamper the ORI's from doing what they do and it turned out the front one was pretty seized up.

Other task is to do a bunch of painting under the jeep to prevent the rock rash from turning into rust.

OK

Consider it removed.
    :D

I asked Zach to order me the ORI fill kit, but until that arrives, Can I borrow yours one more time?
    I think the front sway bar was the reason I could not level off the struts

Class X is run what you Brung. Since I will be the only street legal jeep in it, I really need the stickies to be even close to competitive.
    The fees for Class X are less and you don't get the prizes like you do in the other classes, but for me the advantage is that I can build my jeep how I want.

If they had Class X years ago, I would have never removed my AiROCK

I am missing this weekend, but will be at RC Rocs #2 and #3.
    You should go. Considering how well you did this past weekend, I think you would do very well

I removed my front sway bar system.
    That did not work well with the ORI Struts. After removing it, it was amazing how much better the front Axle articulated. I still have the rear sway bar connected but think that one will be removed as well.
    I spray painted every ding and scratch from this weekend to try and keep the rust away. Under carriage of the jeep actually looks pretty good.
    I have to swap out my front driveshaft and the repairs are done.

So some more tuning for the ORI's and I think it's time to get Big Boy tires finally and split the jeep between Street and Dedicated Comp Stickies and it will be right where I want it.