Posts by Jon

great, its all yours. I'll pm contact info, just waiting for the tires to get here, once its unmounted I'll let you know - maybe end of the week or early next week

Want to sell a single 33x12.5 r15 goodyear mtr in basically new condition. Its been my spare, the only miles its seen is two trips home from rausch creek because of other flat tires. I'm guessing is maybe 5 years old, no dry rot, looks good, no holes/plugs.

I blew a sidewall last weekend and want to get 2 new bfg mts to match whats on the rest of the jeep, keeping one of the old mts as a spare

If nothing else, its a great spare
    $50

available in newark, tire only, no wheel, will have it unmounted when I get the new tires put on

Swapping out a water pump I noticed my radiator was weeping so I went to get one at napa down the street. This one has 2 extra holes at the bottom and came with hardware for connecting lines. Do I need to get plugs for those? The directions just say to hand thread transmission and/or engine cooling lines into the radiator and despite being listed as for automatic, they said it would work with a manual and there was no manual only option

Jeeps a 2003 wrangler sport 6 with manual

Cleaned, degreased the engine over the weekend, twice actually. Ended up with less noise after the second time but that could just be the result of residual cleaner/water on the belt/pulleys. Also killed my apparently poorly covered tps

Everything spins fine, doesn't make any noises until you get to about 3k rpm, then metal noise sets in. Makes the noise if you rev out of gear as well, so figured it was something up front

Turned out the issue came back after removing the ac pulley from the mix. I finally ended up taking it to the dealer because even with a stethoscope I couldn't identify which pulley is squealing if that is the case. The dealer tells me they can make it squeal, but can't find a bad pulley, or I guess another cause. Suggested I steam clean the engine, that it could be some caked mud throwing the balance of something spinning off.

Anyone experience a case of squealing muddy engine before? I feel like I'll be taking a nice clean engine back for them to work on again next week...

2003 can just bypass the compressor pulley altogether and use a belt sized for a non-ac 4.0 setup, I think the compressor is good might as well try the new bearing before 1000 to get a new compressor put in

It was the AC compressor pulley, got a non-ac serp belt and running without. Can you replace just the pulley on the compressor or the whole thing? Was told I couldn't get just the pulley before

I've got a metal on metal squeal when I rev up the engine on a 2003 4.0. Replaced the tensioner pulley last year and it didn't fix the issue but has recently gotten worse. Might be ac compressor pulley, I didn't notice any of the pulleys loose or squeaky when I did the tensioner, only replaced that hoping I'd get lucky

Can I run the engine without the serp belt without causing damage to see if that eliminates the noise?

For those interested, there is an app called maplets that has the rc maps posted, allows you to use the gps to find your location on it, works pretty well, just doesn't have the new side

Yeah, thanks I'll add it in with what I've got if they are easy to post somewhere, Does anyone know an app that I could overlay the Rausch creek garmin maps and use those with a gps?

Anyone happen to have a good gpx file of the trails at rc? I've been piecing one together with new trails each trip, but it would be nice to have the whole map

Thanks,
    Jon

Silver 2001 Toyota Echo coupe with a little under 90,000 miles, inspected until next year, no issues. Gets 27/35, I average around 32 mpg. Runs good, ac, tape/cd, front airbags, 60/40 rear seats. Basic clean daily driver, I just need something with back doors and car seat access. Kbb is around 4400 private party, 3400 trade in, so looking to split the difference at 3900, pm if interested, will post pics later
    Pictures available here:
    http://jmeade.net/echo/echo.html
    [img width=786 height=488]http://jmeade.net/echo/DSC_0657.jpg[/img]

Car is in Newark