Posts by Jon

So put the bl and mml on today and the body lift was very easy. The motor mounts, not quite as easy. On my passenger side the engine mount bracket is pretty much sandwiched to the frame mount. I was amazed we got the motor mount bolted in, had it been any taller, theres no way it would have cleared. That box didn't come with instructions, so I don't know if I missed anything, but I did find a writeup online and we followed that. Has anyone else had a problem like this? The drivers side has plenty of clearance.

Just put an order in for they daystar 1" body and 1" mml kits. I currently have a 2.5inch skyjacker basic lift kit on. Anything I should be aware of or to look out for putting this stuff on? Will I need to keep the transfer drop that came with the skyjacker kit? Need to get anything else to complete this line wise? Any help would be appreciated!

-jon

Mine did the same thing last month and the cracks are now across the whole window and growing. Anyone recommend a good cheap place to get new glass installed around newark?

also, anyone know if state farm covers windows?

Thanks for the info all,

I did stop by the RS last night and picked up a new relay, the only difference is the one that came with the install kit had two '87' output terminals. Plugged it in and one light works now. I think the way its currently wired, each one of the '87' terminals went to a single light, and thus, now since the new relay only has one, only one light is lighting, so I just have to rewire as per that diagram linked above, or find a relay with the two '87' terminals. I think the original relay had shorted out, its been submerged a few times, but after a rewire I think everything should be good. Thanks again all, that wiring diagram helped a lot.

has anyone used stock jeep foglight switch (I think this was from an xj but fits in the tj) for these lights? is it rated to hold up? also the one I looked at had 4 terminals, anyone have a diagram for whats what on one of those?

I'm getting a little over 12 volts on both sides, but the lights aren't lighting up. the bulbs don't appear to be bad, and I get continuity through the lamps, so they should still be working. But I get the 12 volts regardless of whether they are flipped on or off

switch seems ok, I'll try the radioshack

Hey all,
    I have a pair of kc slimlites and I think the relay is bad, whether they are switched on or off, I get a little over 12 volts coming to the lights. Does anyone know what voltage should be coming to the lights? I think its supposed to be 14 volt 20 amp, but I'm not sure. Anyone have a problem like this with the same lights?

thanks,
    Jon

I went on the beach once about 5 years ago not knowing you needed a permit. Now knowing its required, I wouldn't go back without one. At the time, it wasn't out of mallace, I just didn't know I needed one. Although I didn't get stuck, I could see people wandering out on the beach out of curiousity or thinking you could pick up a day pass from a ranger driving by as is the case in jersey.

Also, I heard you can get day fishing passes? anyone know if this is true? or do you have to buy the permit for the whole season?

After two years of being too lazy to print AND mail the forms in (I have gotten to the first step before), sending them off today. I figure its about time after two years of mooching info and help from everyone on here.

Thanks again for all the info/help btw...

Jon

yeah its P 0455 - emissions control system leak, reset the gas cap and see if it comes back. You can also just turn on and off the ignition 3 times in under five seconds, the error pops up on the mileage that way too. Jeeps are so helpful

Engine light came on today, but everything seems fine. Isn't there a way to reset it with the number of ignition key turns or something? Does it have to be an exact number or just above a certain number? this is on an 03 tj sport

I've got the kc slim lights mounted on the windshield and I haven't had a blindspot problem, they have a smaller footprint than normal maybe. They are spotlights, so I don't have much reflection off the hood either. They are distracting if its raining or snowing however.

I think I'm free of syncho problems, paid attention all day being paranoid, but seems to be shifting as well as it has been. Thanks again for the info guys

thanks for the expertise, just wanted to make sure before I hit the 36K tomorrow. it doesn't bother me as long as its not doing any damage.